Cargo area protection with dogs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mummer43

Reaction score
We just got a 24 Yukon Denali and I held off on getting a cargo liner/protector because all the reviews I read on them were pretty bad. We have two dogs (German shorthair pointers) that we occasionally will be transporting in the Yukon. I’m super particular about keeping this vehicle clean and I really want to make sure they don’t scratch anything or get hair i the carpet. any recommendations on how to keep the cargo area clean with dogs? I need something easy put in and take out. Should I even bother with the rubber cargo liners?

Ken Bike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Orvis sells a really high quality cargo area cover designed to protect the area from dogs.
I have had one in my Explorer for 4 years and my dogs have spent many hours and it is still in great shape.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just got a 24 Yukon Denali and I held off on getting a cargo liner/protector because all the reviews I read on them were pretty bad. We have two dogs (German shorthair pointers) that we occasionally will be transporting in the Yukon. I’m super particular about keeping this vehicle clean and I really want to make sure they don’t scratch anything or get hair i the carpet. any recommendations on how to keep the cargo area clean with dogs? I need something easy put in and take out. Should I even bother with the rubber cargo liners?
Just get a decent sized crate. I never let my animals roam my vehicle because I’m particular as hell as well and it makes things easier on me and them.

OP
OP
M

mummer43

Reaction score
I like the crate idea but i don’t think my wife would be on board. We don’t take them on long trips. Basically just to the vet and boarding/day care.

I’ll take a look at the Orvis. Thanks!

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the Canvasback side panel protectors in my XL, they keep the mud and scratches off the plastic, also have a weather tech mat in the back. I travel with 3 rottweilers in the back sometimes.

OP
OP
M

mummer43

Reaction score
I use the Canvasback side panel protectors in my XL, they keep the mud and scratches off the plastic, also have a weather tech mat in the back. I travel with 3 rottweilers in the back sometimes.
Is the canvasback held in place with velcro?

OP
OP
M

mummer43

Reaction score
Orvis sells a really high quality cargo area cover designed to protect the area from dogs.
I have had one in my Explorer for 4 years and my dogs have spent many hours and it is still in great shape.
The orvis looks very nice. It just seems a bit small. My cargo area is 50 inches wide and the Orvis is 49 inches wide.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the canvasback held in place with velcro?
Yes, I used the same ones in my '21 and removed them before trading in the Yukon, before I installed them in my '23 I add more Velcro where needed.

gatorintx

Reaction score
I'll second the Canvasback. We have them installed in my wife's Wagoneer and they're great for keeping our golden retriever's hair from getting embedded in the carpet. Dirt and hair vacuums up really easily with the Canvasback cargo liners. They're attached via velcro, but it doesn't velcro directly to the carpet. Instead, you have to stick the velcro to the carpet using the adhesive backing, then the velcro parts stick to each other. I haven't removed them so I don't know if it does any kind of damage to the carpet when you remove the velcro tape. We plan on just leaving it on until we sell it so it's not an issue for us. As for the velcro, it sticks well, we haven't had any issues of it coming loose with the dog jumping in and out of the back or with luggage/other cargo banging around back there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork