Canvasback Cargo Liner w/ Custom Detail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI, I was wondering how your canvasback side protectors are holding up, I recently ordered some because I have 4 rottweilers that ride back there. Is that the black color that you ordered, and are there any tricks to help install them? Thanks.

OP
OP

509Yukon

Reaction score
HI, I was wondering how your canvasback side protectors are holding up, I recently ordered some because I have 4 rottweilers that ride back there. Is that the black color that you ordered, and are there any tricks to help install them? Thanks.
They are holding up really well, look like the day I installed them. The side protectors attached with included peel and stick Velcro. The are cut to the side profile of the plastic side panels, just hold them up to the side panel and you will see how it goes, peel the film off the Velcro and it couldn't be easier. Be sure to pull all the pieces tight as you install.

The side protectors do not cover the top horizontal surface of the panel. This isn't a problem with a Bernese Mountain Dog, not sure about a Rottweiler.

I really do like the mesh we put behind the vent cut outs, it does three things: keeps the plastic vents from getting scratched, is a cleaner look keeping the sides more uniform without gaping holes, and I'd like to think helps stray dog hair from getting sucked in.

I do have the black color. I've got the lighter interior and debated between Canvasback's tan or black. The black hides black dog hair well but dusty paw prints are very obvious whereas with the tan they might not be as visible. I'm not sure if I would do it differently though.

I have noticed the plastic panel on my hatch is getting scratches not from the dog but stuff like suitcases or whatever. It is making me insane so I'm probably going to contact Canvasback to see if they can fabricate something for it.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the info, the horizontal surface shouldn't be a problem either, the mesh sounds like a good idea. I would be using the side covers with a WT mat, it all should be well protected from dirty paws except the rear hatch panel. Maybe they need to hear some customer suggestions. Thanks again.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm curious if the fabric is slick and wonder if the dogs slide around on it. If so, are you using some kind of pad on top?

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the WT cargo mat on the floor, they don't slide around on that. On my '19 I used the husky cargo mat but it had a slick bottom and it would move outward and make it hard for the door to close. The WT seems to hold the carpet better.

OP
OP

509Yukon

Reaction score
I'm curious if the fabric is slick and wonder if the dogs slide around on it. If so, are you using some kind of pad on top?
The forward facing surface feels like a canvas texture, it's fairly smooth on the face and has a coating of some sort on the back. I don't drive like a maniac with the dog in the back and he doesn't slide around but it certainly doesn't give him the grip carpet or a molded mat would.