Car stereo system suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to get an idea of what other people have and how they like it. It's been a while since I've looked into car audio but I know JL, Rockford Fosgate, and Kicker are good companies. My other car was a 2006 Honda Accord. I have a 12" MTX that came with a premade box named sledgehammer. I have a 400 watt amp pushing it and I used the factory speakers and head unit. I don't want to win any competitions but I'd like a little bit of bass to enjoy. Maybe one 12 or two 10s. One option I have is to take the equipment from the Honda and have it installed in my 07 Denali. That would be the cheapest option but I'm not sure how it will sound with the bigger cabin in the Denali. I'd really like to save cargo space and the box I have now is kinda big so I started looking into the stealth boxes. JL makes a couple different ones. One with a 10 that goes in the console and another that goes in the back near the third row that has two 10s. Or I can have a custom made box to fit behind the second row. Does anyone have the stealth box by JL? How do you like it? What kind of set ups do you guys have? Can you guys make any suggestions? I'm open to listen to any suggestions.

iBizzy

Reaction score
Man spending $450.00 for 10'' enclosure with out a amp is crazy. For that kind of money you can find a good 10'' sub enclosed with a amp. I might do something like that for my wify's truck. 10'' enclosure wont take that much space up.
Now for my setup. Might be a little extreme for you but I have factory head unit and speakers with 2 15'' Kickers L5 Directed 1500d amp. Now that takes up space, but it's still has enough room for my small tool box jumper cables ect...

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. The JL set up with the two 10s is $849 with no amp. That is why I want to explore other options and see what others have. I don't mind spending the money if I'm happy at the end but sometimes there are better or less expensive ways to get there while getting the same quality. Two 15s is way too much for me. Plus that would take up way too much cargo space. I can see myself maybe doing two 12s at most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alison92