Can you help me understand Vaccum Channels & Sea Foam better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm ready to give this Sea Foam a try, but I want to get some thoughts first.

1. Which Vaccum line is the best to use? (I need to know that the Vaccum line I choose "feeds all cylindars safely.")

2. Does anybody have a sure, tried and true method for pplying this stuff to the vaccum lines?

Thanks in advance!

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake boost line is good for the back 4 cylinders and the pcv line is good for the front 4 from what I hear.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brake booster should be fine for all 8 cylidners. i havent looked at the 5.3 but any other motor ive seen it works that way. and as stated, dont dunk it and let it drink from the bottle...let it suck it with a slurping sipping noise otherwise it will stall

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with 2005yukonxl. .I did it of the brake booster line. Use 1/3 in the vacuum line,just use a cup that is flexible and go slow. The vacuum will suck it in,let it stall out, pour 1/3 in the oil crankcase, last third in the gas tank. wait 15-20 minutes. Start her up and watch her smoke. Mine didn't smoke much when i did it, but alot of people say that happens the first time. I did notice she has a little more pep to her since i did it. I did mine in preparation for the 100k service i got to do. Go ahead try it and keep us posted.:Handshake:

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys! I appreciate them all! I'll be doing this a little later. I'll post progress.

Reaction score
I have hydroboost brakes on my '05... where is the PCV vacuum hose located? I wanted to replace my PCV valve as regular maintenance but couldn't find one on the auto parts stores' websites.

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PCV valve is on the drivers side towards the back of the engine (so towards the passenger compartment), on the top of the engine, there is a hose that connects to the actual PCV valve, then the valve goes into the engine block. Once you find it, you should be able to wiggle it out of the engine block with the hose then pull the actual valve from the hose and replace

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to replace mine too.

Anyway, I gave this a shot. Everything went fine, but my light is still coming on. I'm not overly impressed. I'm sure it did some cleaning, but nothing to write home about. It was worth the 6 bucks though.

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vacum lines

On an 01 any way the break booster line goes to the back of the intake. The pvc line goes in the middle at the top of the intake. I used the seafoam spray it comes with a u shaped tube so you can shoot it in through the TB by inserting the tube between the rubber duct, and the TB.

So I did all three locations. Through TB, PVC, and Brake booster lines. If you look at how the intake manifold is made there are a lot of nookes, a crannys for carbon to build up. I don't really think using one location to SF is going to give you the best treatment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo