Can I do this to my XL Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtie_Beast

Reaction score
I want a little lift but not enough to hurt my '04 Denali. Can I do the 5100 Blistein shocks with Z71 springs and new keys? Does anyone happen to have any pics of this or similar? Also, what would be the price on something like this?
Thanks

OP
OP
Bowtie_Beast

Bowtie_Beast

Reaction score
Is that all I need?
What part number do I need for the Blisteins?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bowtie_Beast

Bowtie_Beast

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Blistein 5100 Ride Height Adjustable shocks would fit my '04 XL Denali?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You have a lot questions haha jk. Look in my old Yukon build thread for shock part number. Don't think the adjustable ones fit at all unless you found them on their website. Price is about $400

OP
OP
Bowtie_Beast

Bowtie_Beast

Reaction score
Haha... Thanks Yeah, I have no idea about mechanical stuff really. Thanks to my dad for that one. If he couldn't fix something by smacking it with a hammer then forget it. LOL

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adjustable height bilsteins are for coil sprung IFS

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adjustable bilstein 5100s are fror coil spring front end rigs (I have em on my jeep). Your denali has torsion bars. This will not work to lift the front of the vehicle.

Bilstein does make front and rear shocks that you can make fit on your denali, though you will have to look for z71 shocks if you want to lift it. The denali comes stock with electric front shocks and air rear shocks (this is why no manafacturer states that their standard shocks will "fit" on the denali, they'll still bolt up just gotta turn off the air ride, this I have done) which will need to be deleted.

You will need keys or just crank the stock ones to lift the front.

You can use the z71 springs in the rear. Are you still running the rear air shocks?

OP
OP
Bowtie_Beast

Bowtie_Beast

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. If I am they're not working. I get the service ride control error every start up.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. If I am they're not working. I get the service ride control error every start up.

Yeah mine were shot. Yanked em. Put in some cheapo shocks. Blew those in less than a year. Gonna replace the shocks with some bilsteins next and need to get install a new set of springs.

You can get rid of the error by disconnecting the battery, removing the fuse for ride control, and then plugging the battery back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts