Camshaft questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL If it was only that easy ... I bet you would spend about as much doing a carb swap the right way as the marine intake cost.

+1

honestly, on these engines, We cant get too high up the powerband without spending massive amounts of moolah...

OP
OP
stuntmanray385

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just get a stock converter from a 2004 Trailblazer inline 6 cylinder.

yea someone on a another site suggested the stall from a 95 s10. not sure exactly why.. im still somewhat of a novice when it comes to engines. what would that stall do for me? and what are the specs? also i just got my vette servo in the mail yesterday so ill probably be installing it within the next few days

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

+1

honestly, on these engines, We cant get too high up the powerband without spending massive amounts of moolah...

yea i think the best thing would really just to bolt up a 700r and carb it! then u could really get crazy. huge cam.. with nice stroke should bring at least 500hp

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea someone on a another site suggested the stall from a 95 s10. not sure exactly why.. im still somewhat of a novice when it comes to engines. what would that stall do for me? and what are the specs? also i just got my vette servo in the mail yesterday so ill probably be installing it within the next few days

same principle. yep, get an s10, you have a 700r4, sorry. A stall basically lets the tranny 'slip' into a higher RPM faster, where the most power is made. Not down low like 1000-1500 rpms. It will be 2200-2800, where most power is. Like slipping a clutch, allowing a higher RPM to be met at a higher ramp.

OP
OP
stuntmanray385

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same principle. yep, get an s10, you have a 700r4, sorry. A stall basically lets the tranny 'slip' into a higher RPM faster, where the most power is made. Not down low like 1000-1500 rpms. It will be 2200-2800, where most power is. Like slipping a clutch, allowing a higher RPM to be met at a higher ramp.

i have a 96 2dr so i have a 4l60-e. yea ive read either the stall from and 2004 trailblazer v6 or 95+ s10. even with the stock converter my front end lifts up pretty high. so i cant wait to see what happens with the stall.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...interesting....

I happen to have an 04 trailblazer sitting in my driveway....
I'm gonna go try that!!!

I'll post up in a few minutes......(yelling).. Honey!!! Wheres your keys for your truck?

EDIT: Confirmed!
Yukon: 1500rpm stall
04 TB: 2000rpm stall

Last edited:
OP
OP
stuntmanray385

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...interesting....

I'm gonna go try that!!!

I'll post up in a few minutes......(yelling).. Honey!!! Wheres your keys for your truck?

hahahahaha wifes going to kill you when she notices the decreased performance after u swap those stalls. yea idk man i just wantr the best combination of stuff to get the best performance. with the setup now i smoked a 95 z28 camaro with headers and all kinds of extra mods and also smoked a stock silverado ss. so im pretty happy but theres a guy with a srt8 cherokee on my street. hes my enemy!!!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...interesting....

I'm gonna go try that!!!

now that stall behind more TQ like a 4.8 or 5.3, will raise it to about 2600 to 2800.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts