Camping: Will a queen-sized air mattress fit in the back of my Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RumorsOFsurF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are planning some camping trips this summer, and I'm wondering whether a queen-sized air mattress will fit in the back of the 'Kon. I of course intend to remove the third row seats and fold the back seats down.

It would be cool to set up/tear down camp quickly and not have to use a tent. We'd like to do a trip up the Oregon Coast and in to Washington.

Has anyone tried this?

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I think any size air mattress would work. All you would have to do is just inflate it until it becomes tight around everything. Its worth a try.

Bailey-Hoe!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think any size air mattress would work. All you would have to do is just inflate it until it becomes tight around everything. Its worth a try.

I use to this all the time in my Honda Passport. Me, GF and 100lbs of Lab. Very comfortable. If weather is warm enough just pop glass.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not a queen, no. maybe a twin if it isn;t too long

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
I've done it before with a queen mattress, I bought the double layer one though which is basically a "mattress" and "box spring" so after inflation I was literally inches from the roof though lol.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
no way a queen size matress is fitting back there. a full size would still be too wide by a few inches.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
just you and the wife? if so just take the all the seats out but the driver and passeneger then you will be good to go lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbeezy

Latest posts