Buying the NorCalSS Ultimate handling package. Help me with wheels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another look for you in the comp grey. Been a personal favorite and have considered as well for my NBS.

images.jpg

30039100037_large.jpg

IMG_3104_zps9b0e66b5.jpg

OP
OP
Yogi619

Yogi619

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Grey is the wildcard. It gives a nice contrast to the black without being too loud. Those pictures just made my decision even harder!

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
Can't lose with 22's

(especially in comp grey)

10421314_891218227606024_6317376691522454765_n.jpg

OP
OP
Yogi619

Yogi619

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are the grey TBSS wheels painted or powder coated? I'm really starting to like their understated look. I think black wheels on a blacked out truck may be a little too much black. Chrome may be a little bit too loud, and may be a little bit overpowering. Or I'm just overthinking it.

Like I mentioned in my first post, I'm building this truck as a fun driver. I know it'll never autocross or put down 9 second passes, but I'm going to do my best to build the best highway cruiser that I can. So I'm trying to get the muscular SS look without being too over the top. I think grey might give me that.

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
If I had to do it again, even as much as I love the way the 22's look, I'd probably go with 20's.

Maybe I'm just getting old (not even 30 yet) but the 22's make it suffer in every category except aesthetics.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had to do it again, even as much as I love the way the 22's look, I'd probably go with 20's.

Maybe I'm just getting old (not even 30 yet) but the 22's make it suffer in every category except aesthetics.

I'll trade you my 20s for your 22s.

OP
OP
Yogi619

Yogi619

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know what you mean, which is why I don't ride motorcycles anymore. The stress of not being taken out by a car made street riding unpleasurable, and track riding is a crazy expensive hobby (especially when you lay one down). I'm 31 and am starting to appreciate the nicer things in life.... but I still want to look good while doing it =) So right now 22's are a tradeoff I'm willing to deal with. Call it a pre-midlife crisis dress rehearsal.

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
I already had mine, reached my income goal (which of course is no longer enough) and bought an 80's 911. How cliche is that?

Looking for more in life now.

OP
OP
Yogi619

Yogi619

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was making $15k a month at one point in contract aviation (I'm an aircrewman) and walked away from everything to train dogs. I'm sure I'll get back to that point one day, but it won't be soon.

Until then, I'm going to play with my truck. Suspension/brakes come first, then interior (going to attempt a color change from tan to all black), then driveline mods. I'll likely pick up a used 6.0 block and heads and build it in the garage over time. It has been a long time since I've touched one, but I was ASE certified in engine rebuilding at one point so I'm sure it'll all come back.

Anyhow, back on topic, the votes seem to be the TBSS rims with grey coming out as the favorite so far. They were probably my third choice coming in to this, behind either of the 2 Crave wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879