Breaks for the hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronny84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello friends, i just got an Chevy hybrid 2011, its av very rare car here in Sweden and i got it since its an 8seater without being supertiny inside as most European cars are.

Its very expensive shipping spare parts from Usa to Sweden due to shipping and tax and i want to replace the rotors and pads on the car.

So my question is:
Do all gmt900 have the same rotors and pads(besides police) ?

I can get rotors and pads overhere for the 5,3L but the 6.0 hybrid is not listed.

My understanding is that the hybrid shipped with some "low drag" pads and rotors but I don't really care about it(atleast i dont think i should)

//Ronny

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello friends, i just got an Chevy hybrid 2011, its av very rare car here in Sweden and i got it since its an 8seater without being supertiny inside as most European cars are.

Its very expensive shipping spare parts from Usa to Sweden due to shipping and tax and i want to replace the rotors and pads on the car.

So my question is:
Do all gmt900 have the same rotors and pads(besides police) ?

I can get rotors and pads overhere for the 5,3L but the 6.0 hybrid is not listed.

My understanding is that the hybrid shipped with some "low drag" pads and rotors but I don't really care about it(atleast i dont think i should)

//Ronny
Looking at RockAuto confirmed that they are the same as the non-hybrid version.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard about low friction pads. that could be interesting.

but if the 5.3 standard pads fit and easy to get, yeah I'd grab those.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm.......I am not sure that I would want "Low Friction" pads for braking, even if they did make them. I kinda want as much friction as possible when I want to stop. How 'bout you?:shrug:

I might have said that wrong, low drag when off the brakes.

I didn't realize they had a hybrid specific brake. I guess I should look into it. was just going to throw a Raybestos kit that I liked on my 96 on mine. but I should probably dive down this rabbit hole to make sure. but for being out of country, probably be fine with what's available

there's a lot of programming and a cal built into the auto bleed procedure where it sets the brake pressure vs regen. you want good regen before you get into actual brakes, but it should be seemless too.

these hybrids are like that any time you think it should be simple, it's got 10 more things an normal going on lol

you should see the weird master cyl in these things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas