Brake/Turn signals keep blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95TahoePA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning,
I have a 95 Tahoe that keeps blowing brake/turn signals in the rear. I have gone over the wiring and found no breaks in the wiring, no amp/volt jump at all. I have replaced the "boards" multiple times with either stock new (twice) and 2 from the bone yard. I tried to install LED bulbs just to see if I can get a longer life, but it started to smoke at the board and started to melt the plastic.
I cant seem to find this electrical gremlin. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

ThinBlue82

Reaction score
I had the same issue but replacing the board fixed my problem. I'll ask my mechanic who works on a lot of our trucks for his thoughts

OP
OP
95TahoePA

95TahoePA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Its just weird that brand new boards do the same thing than prior.
Someone at my work mentioned that it could be the brand bulbs im using.
I have clear tail lights in mine and have to use red coated bulbs.
When I tried ro use LED bulbs, they started to sizzle and the plastic was starting to melt. Thats when I replaced the boards the first time. Still sizzled and started to smoke when I hit the brakes. Thats when I started looking for a wiring issue.
Fuse is the right size, wiring is clean, comnections have no corrosion and the boards (new and old) had been greased with dielectric grease.
Just leaves me scratching my head.

crayfysh

Reaction score
Examine your trailer wiring if you have it. Sometimes they corrode or get pinched and ground out if tucked away in the frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz