Bought a 07 DOD Tahoe.. need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thisaintseafood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I got a 07 Tahoe who the previous owner says had a DOD delete. It flashes a check engine light time to time which causes it to fail emissions. When you scan the truck it gives absolutely no codes. Did they do the DOD delete mechanically but skipped tuning ecu? I’m so lost?! Mechanic suggested a top end rebuild. The truck drives perfectly fine. If I pull the Maf sensor it gives me a code so I know it’s not having issues spitting codes if there’s an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_2228.jpeg
    IMG_2228.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 5

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes idjyts confuse the words 'disable' with 'delete'.
To merely disable cylinder confusion (that's what I'll call it) is a software tuning issue.
To physically replace the cylinder confused parts with V8 stuff is a delete, even though it also requires a disable.
To physically delete cylinder confusion ... IS A TOP END REBUILD.
Is the previous owner an idjyt? Is your mechanic?

If you let us know where you're at, maybe one of us is close enough to you to be of some help?
But you gotta get history codes, otherwise you won't know if you're chasing your tail or vice versa.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got a 07 Tahoe who the previous owner says had a DOD delete. It flashes a check engine light time to time which causes it to fail emissions. When you scan the truck it gives absolutely no codes. Did they do the DOD delete mechanically but skipped tuning ecu? I’m so lost?! Mechanic suggested a top end rebuild. The truck drives perfectly fine. If I pull the Maf sensor it gives me a code so I know it’s not having issues spitting codes if there’s an issue.
there should be historical codes, if not then scan it when the check engine light is on, do not cycle the key leave it running and scan it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Cut out the middleman. Go to chinacardiag.com and purchase a TEC2 clone or Refurb windows 10 laptop with tech2 software that also programs as well as reads DTC. I would go the latter. You’ll love the truck even more because you won’t be reading DTC codes anymore. You’ll have 2 way communication with it as well as the ability to update, store and if need be, repair what’s going on.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That’s another option to load into a Win 7 or 10 laptop. I didn’t go that route after seeing some reviews that the software was difficult to load and even difficult to start up after being loaded.

This is what I was referring to …chinacardiag.com. Seems they’re no longer there. Bummer, I needed that laptop set up they sold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk