Bluetooth Groupbuy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
I am starting a groupbuy for Costartech's BlueStar Bluetooth option. The groupbuy price is $225.00. Anyone interested in the groupbuy please click here: http://costartech.com/pb/products/TahoeYukonforums-group-buy
The BlueSTAR 2010 is an integrated communications system designed to allow bluetooth communications in your GM vehicle. It works by utilizing the onstar equipment in your vehicle (microphone and mirror keypad) to communicate to a hands free car kit which connects to your cellphone.

Better yet, the BlueSTAR is invisible in your vehicle. There are no wires to run, no speakers to install, no microphone to route, and no ugly chrome keypad glued to your dash. And since the BlueSTAR takes advantage of the high quality sound equipment already installed in your vehicle, the audio quality is far superior to other bluetooth options including car kits and headsets.

Make calls, answer calls, mute calls, and transfer calls all using the existing onstar mirror buttons. And if your phone is equipped with voice dialing, you can do it all with the touch of a button.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigRed76

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
FYI ....

Here's what is needed to swap your OEM OnStar to a OEM Bluetooth Onstar module.

Steps to swap the modules:
Remove the trim bezel surrounding the radio, ac controls, and accessory panel. There are 8 or 9 clips that hold it in place. Remove the accessory panel, ac controls and radio in that order. There is enough slack in the stock wiring to leave them connected. Just pull them out and move them over to one side. You will see the OnStar module at the bottom of the opening. It is held into place by two clips. One on either side. I used two long thin flathead screw drivers to hold the clips back off of the OnStar module so I could use both hands to lift the unit out of the retaining bracket. The OnStar module does not have a lot of slack to pull it out while connected. I disconnected it by removing the connector on the right first and then worked my way across the back from right to left until all of the connectors were disconnected. The antenna round antenna connectors are removed by pushing down on the retaining clips and sliding them back.

Last edited:

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
As I mentioned in your Group Buy post, the only aspect of this write-up that's relevant is the procedure for getting to the factory OnStar module to hookup the BlueStar module. The following statement is for installing a new OnStar module with BlueTooth.... not BlueStar.

After I plugged the new OnStar module in I tested everything before putting it all back together.

To access the bluetooth I pressed mute(voice) button and waited of the beep. Then said OnStar. Waited for the system to say OnStar ready then said bluetooth. Waited for the system to say bluetooth ready. You can say help to get a list of options. I chose "Pair" to pair my blackberry. You can follow the voice instructions to complete the pairing to the devices. Good news is that you can pair to multiple devices. If you and your wife or friend are riding together you can pair both phones. If your phone is not available you can tell the system to use the other phone to make the call. Or it your friend wants to call someone using their caller id they can choose to use their phone from the list instead of yours. Pretty cool!

Just want to be sure everyone understands this.

OP
OP
BigRed76

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
Orders are being shipped ..... don't miss out on this groupbuy!!

bulldog896

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity can you hook this and the onstar up at the same time? I am assuming not but just wanted to make sure

OP
OP
BigRed76

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
This unit REPLACES the Onstar module and therefore your Onstar capabilities will no longer function.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123