Blowing my Ignition Fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I tried to jump my truck yesterday and got nothing. COme to find out I am blowing my Ignition fuse. Anyone have this issue before?

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Man, its one of the bigger colored fuses under the hood marked IGN I think. The truck is not here now to verify. It's a 40. Sorry, that is all I can remember about it.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I will assume IGN A. That should be the only 40amp **** fuse on that block. Try this. It should only take less then 10 minutes, remove the starter relay off the same fuse block. Write down Fuse # and amp size and remove the following fuses from Fuse block in the cab: 5-12-18-6-24-11-17-23-30amp pwr window breaker(should be bottom one). Install a new **** fuse and turn ignition on. IF **** blows then you ignition switch is shorting out. If not reinsert the others, breaker and starter relay one by one and you will find it in no time. Report back with results.

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Well,$600.00 later it turned out to be the starter. I guess the last person to install the starter crimped the wires and they arched on heat shield. Thank you Sunlitcomet for all the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts