Blower Control Module Replacement. Where to find?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McFatterson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A few days ago the blower stopped working on my 2004 Yukon. Later that day while the truck was parked I went to get something out of it and the blower was at full blast randomly. I pulled the fuse and that got it to stop.

I did some reading and it looks like I need to replace the blower control module.

Problem is I haven't been able to find this part for a decent price and I can't find any information on how to change it.

Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Forgot to mention I have auto/digital climate control

Okay just ordered one of these...ACDelco 15-80567 Control Module Kit
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016IMSB4

Much cheaper than GM wanted...

Now I just need info on how to replace this.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look above the "hump" on the passenger side towards the middle of the truck, if I remember you have to remove some plastics to get to it.

OP
OP
M

McFatterson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Removed the glove box and have been trying to find this thing with no success...

Any pictures of where it is since a description isn't helping?

What EXACTLY do I need to remove to get to this thing?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
It should be where I described before.
0996b43f80205577.gif

0996b43f8020540a.gif

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the passenger side footwell there is a large black plastic piece just below the glove box, on the bottom side there are two bolts holding it on. Take that off and the blower motor resistor is below it. Do a search and there is a write up with detailed pics

OP
OP
M

McFatterson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bit of an update for those that have this issue and are searching for a solution. I installed the new blower control module (really easy to replace BTW... just remove two screws and the panel under the glove box drops down) and everything worked great for about 2 years until about a week ago.

The blower stopped blowing again and figured it was the control module again. I replaced it with a new one the other day but it still wouldn't work. Got out the multi meter and was able to determine that the blower motor is fried. The blower motor is just to the right of the control module and is also very easy to remove. Simply lift a small tab and the unit twists and pulls down. Purchased a new blower motor from Autozone and was able to confirm the new motor works with jumper wires attached but it's a cheap unit and the plug doesn't fit in the old harness (why I had to use jumper wires) so I'll be returning it for something better.

Last edited:

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the control module still good after 2 yrs?. Where did you end up getting blower motor...rock auto? napa?

OP
OP
M

McFatterson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the control module still good after 2 yrs?. Where did you end up getting blower motor...rock auto? napa?

Yeah the control module is still good. I purchased the new OEM blower motor on ebay... just typed in the part number that was on the old blower motor and it came up. Was about $60 shipped and will be installing it later today. All the aftermarket motors I've seen look cheaply made so really wanted to stick with OEM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet