Blind-Spot Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pet982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2017 Tahoe LT Out of factory bumper but under the dealers 3 mo bumper bumper.

I noticed that the left side blind spot light will light up from time to time when there is no-one there. I believe it will happen more so when it is wet outside or the just is damp (early morning)

Is this normal? could there be a bad sensor.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying it normal, but all my Escalade's did it, and my callaway tahoe does it from time to time, usually happens to me going fairly slow when there is NOTHING around the truck, happens a few times a month. Welcome to the forum. :)

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My 2013 does it too. Seems to be in more winter after driving in snow. Probably water or debris between the sensor and bumper. My bracket was broken so I made some repairs but I am unsure if the problem resolved.

OP
OP
P

Pet982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2013 does it too. Seems to be in more winter after driving in snow. Probably water or debris between the sensor and bumper. My bracket was broken so I made some repairs but I am unsure if the problem resolved.
After some investigation that's what I found on mine too. 2 of the 3 tabs that hold the radar sensor had come off the bumper cover. I used doubled sided molding/emblem tape (well see how long the repair lasts) Based on the scratches in the cover in that corner I guess the previous owner hit or was hit in that corner to pop the tabs off the cover, no other damage from what I see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigchad1