Black emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

ltzhoe08

Reaction score
Hey burb when u do the exhausts .what kind u going with and besides the sound does it really do anything

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't 100% decided what I'm doing with the exhaust yet. I'm thinking either magnaflow (cuz I've done flowmaster a lot in the past and wanna switch it up) or go with the MBRP system from Stylin Trucks. The reason I like MBRP is because it's a system you can install in your driveway (and I'm a do-it-yourself kinda guy) and from the clips I've heard on YouTube it sounds great.

Now, as far as returns....in all honesty, just doing an exhaust on a stock motor will yield negligible returns other than a better sound. You may notice slightly better throttle response but that's about it. With that said, if you do an exhaust, intake and a blackbear tune you will get a pretty noticeable improvement in both MPG's and HP increase. I hope to have the exhaust on mine done by end of summer and the airaid jr intake by the fall or maybe sooner. Then I'll save up for a tune after that.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The airaid jr is just a high flow air filter and tube. You can get a full 'Cold Air Intake' if you want to spend the extra $$$ or get a good deal on one. Will pretty see the same results with either.

A tune is basically modifying your rides computer and can include changing how your transmission shifts. When I get around to it I'll get with black bear (a preferred vendor on here) and they do a lot of custom tunes based on what the customer wants. They can pretty much do whatever you want with their tunes.

OP
OP
L

ltzhoe08

Reaction score
It's ok to mess with the computer..and Jacob what's ur take on buying extended warranty...my lease is up in July and I'm not sure if I should pay the extra money and buy warranty

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you do have the option with a black bear tune to return it to stock at any time. If you're under warranty and get any warranty work done you'll want to return the tune to stock before it goes in. Then put the custom tune back in place once the work is complete. The way I understand it the process is very simple.

As far as extended warranty I personally don't get them because they are very rarely used (at least that's been my experience) and that's why I have my emergency fund in place. So I'm generally prepared for those unexpected repairs. With that said, the extended warranty can give you that 'peace of mind' and give you one less thing to worry about when it comes to needing to repair your vehicle should the need arise. So I do understand why people get them and it does make sense. It's just not for me :shrug:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Later man :High 5:

OP
OP
L

ltzhoe08

Reaction score
By the way where do u log out.. I'm on my iPad and i can't seem to see where to log out

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:hmm: good question....I don't ever log out. :lol:I just close the browser (on my iPhone in this case) and have never looked for the logout link :think: when on my browser on my computer I believe it's along the top toolbar :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotwell69