Black emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is a good adhesive to use to put them back. I dont want them falling out lol. I seem some stuff at autozone but not sure they do the job.

The front emblem will just back in with retaining bolts. The rear you'll just clean the old adhesive off real good and then use 3m adhesive tape on the new emblem to stick it back on. I got mine at auto zone. There are a couple different grades of adhesive tape, though. Be sure you get the tape with the red back on it. It'll be slightly more expensive but it's MUCH stronger so spend the extra dollar or two :)

OP
OP
L

ltzhoe08

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info...appreciate it....anybody know if or when you should change the differential fluid in front and rear... I have a 08 tahoe

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say every 100k or so unless you use your 4wd a lot.

OP
OP
L

ltzhoe08

Reaction score
Thanks burb... I only have 23000 on it... Every time I get an oil change the guy takes some diff oil out and tells me it's dirty.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: he's trying to sell you a service :D

OP
OP
L

ltzhoe08

Reaction score
Which bow ties did u get at stylin trucks...there a few different ones..some are metal

itsspeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tricks to removing the rear bow tie

I actually used a hair dryer and cut an old temporary license plate. (you know the ones with the dealers name on it). I used a hair dryer and worked a piece from one side till it hits the pin thats behind the bow tie, then I left it in place and worked another piece from the other side and top and bottom. The piece that you leave in place acts like a guard so that when you pull one side up it doesn;t dig into your paint. Then just use some adhesive remover to take off the rest of the tape.

OP
OP
L

ltzhoe08

Reaction score
Yea. I see that now...hey burb thanks a lot for all ur help...and time...you have any other tips for me before I buy my tahoe off lease

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Hey speeds.. Nice rims...wat size and how much they cost u

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:Handshake: no tips from me :) just take care of her and don't be afraid to mod it. When you got questions just ask :High 5:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see in the picture below, my white GMC logo to match the truck. I also did this to the denali logo... I used white vinyl. VERY cheap, VERY easy, and Durable, and can be removed easily if you want to... just lay a sheet of vinyl over the entire word, then carefully cut around the letters, leaving a little extra material to "tuck" under or around the edges...

Where did you get this vinyl? Pics of the word 'Denali' wrapped in white vinyl?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeterF

Latest posts