Black Bear Tune Meet-Pittsburgh,Pa. April 17-18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The crank relearn has to be done with a Tuning Tool, or a Tech 2. Are you talking about the security relearn? The security relearn only needs to be done for folks that order spare modules, and the relearn instructions are included in the box.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
im not sure which one i was talking about, lol but i just plan on getting a in person tune at this pittsburgh meet. I was just wondering if we needed to install or do any relearns before we head up to your meet.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are getting your stock PCM tuned, then you don't have to worry about anything. Just make sure you have the octane of gas in the tank, that you plan on running with the tune.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jenna,
i will be sending my deposit in the next couple of days. i would like my 01 Denali to be tuned to 93 octane, tow/haul button turned into "sport button" and the normal tune up that BB does. im planning to install a K&N CAI later on. it should matter if i do that after the tune up correct ? thanks

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Be sure to put that your deposit is for the Pittsburgh meet. You will also need to decide if you are wanting a spare module, or if you would like for Justin to tune your stock module.

Justin will ask you a series of questions while you are driving around which will help him derive the tune. Just make sure you let him know that you plan on installing an intake down the road.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry i dont know much about BB tuning. what is the spare module for ? i will probably just reprogram my stock module. do you adjust firing times and all that in your tuning ?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Customers who purchase spare modules, do this for dealer visits, so they can swap back and forth, and have the stock tune in when they head to the dealer. Also, if they plan on doing mods down the road, they can send back the tuned module to have it adjusted and not have to worry about crank relearns or not being able to drive their vehicle.

Yes, all performance tables are adjusted accordingly in the tune.

OP
OP
H

Haley@BBP

Haley@BBP
Reaction score
Deposits received from:

Mark F.
pennzoil29
deerchooper
Stranger ranger
B.O. (2)
Carl P.
Steven H.
Charles F.
Jason H.
UPS Mike
Sal L.
Adam P.
Dale W.
Mark S.
Mike K.
squirrel
nined4bowtie
Ryan00TJ
Nathan
Big Jim
Shawn S.
Donald A.
Daryl W.
crracer105
Adam S.
Flank
Joe M.
c03camson
William N.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i know im going to miss out on this deal in pittsburgh, i dont have the cash on me right now, but i want this tune sooo bad! Jenna, is there any way to work something out for the summer time for Cleveland/Akron area for doing a meet there if i set it up>?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667