Black Bear Performance Tuning Houston, TX- Feb 19-21 2010 Timeslots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EVERYONE!!!!

There has been a change! The security guards kicked out Justin even though we have permission to be there!!! Apparently the management office is closed today. The meet will now be at Watonga Park...it is just up the road from the Mall off of Watonga Blvd... it is right where TC Jester, Watonga and W 43rd St intersect.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Iam getting mine tuned in about 2 hours and iam getting excited and i cant wait!!!!

07 Mojo Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my tune today and gotta say I am pretty impressed ! I so far have done the Air Raid cold air intake system and a Flow Master cat back exhaust system. the Hoe runs great and the trans shifts are awesome. I believe Justin removed 75% of torque management then set the tow/haul button with 100% of the torque management removed. Now the haul button stand for "haul" ass (LOL). Can't wait to get the corvette servo and a high performance catalytic converter next week or so. Not sure if I will have to Re - Tune for adding the high performance catalytic converter ? It was an awesome day, Little PF chang's then a slice of cheese cake to take home from the cheese cake factory and one hella of a ride home! If anyone is on the fence about using Black Bear Performance you need not to be and pull the trigger on this one ( It's worth every penny ) one of the best mods you can do and you will not be disappointed. Thanks Justin/Jenna/Haley great people and great customer service.

It took only about 1 hour but WOW what a world of difference!!!!!!

Thanks again Justin

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EVERYONE!!!!

There has been a change! The security guards kicked out Justin even though we have permission to be there!!! Apparently the management office is closed today. The meet will now be at Watonga Park...it is just up the road from the Mall off of Watonga Blvd... it is right where TC Jester, Watonga and W 43rd St intersect.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

So is it in the small parking lot for the skatepark?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Had my tune today and gotta say I am pretty impressed ! I so far have done the Air Raid cold air intake system and a Flow Master cat back exhaust system. the Hoe runs great and the trans shifts are awesome. I believe Justin removed 75% of torque management then set the tow/haul button with 100% of the torque management removed. Now the haul button stand for "haul" ass (LOL). Can't wait to get the corvette servo and a high performance catalytic converter next week or so. Not sure if I will have to Re - Tune for adding the high performance catalytic converter ? It was an awesome day, Little PF chang's then a slice of cheese cake to take home from the cheese cake factory and one hella of a ride home! If anyone is on the fence about using Black Bear Performance you need not to be and pull the trigger on this one ( It's worth every penny ) one of the best mods you can do and you will not be disappointed. Thanks Justin/Jenna/Haley great people and great customer service.

It took only about 1 hour but WOW what a world of difference!!!!!!

Thanks again Justin

Your stock cats are already high flow, no need to replace them unless your stockers are shot.

Enjoy your tune! :Handshake:

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is SWEETNESS!!!! And funny when Justin gets a little bouncy when I floor it going 25mph.

The only thing that I would have Justin check is the torque converter locking during shifting. I have an '02 Z71 Tahoe and noticed that the stock tune had a locked torque converter during the shifting, so I disabled it. I noticed a smoother shifting before the BB tune.

Last edited:

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had mine tuned last night with an 87 performance tune, and the tahoe is so much funner to drive, it has way more throttle response, i am happy with the tune, Justin and Alex are really cool people and helpful, they are great to deal with. IF YOU are thinking about tunning your vehicle i would go with BLACKBEAR PERFORMANCE! Hands down the best.

**Thanks Haley for helping get me in**

Last edited:

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
I just want to thank Justin and Alex for doing an awesome job in waking my 99 Yukon up! I went with the 93 octane tune and what a WORLD of difference!!! Truck will get up to 100 MPH in no time now. Also got my shift points and shift firmness like I wanted as well as torque converter lockup schedules revised.
Again thank you guys and I look forward in sending you more GM customers your way!!!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking at his current schedule and waitlist for upcoming meets, it looks like your best bet would be mail order, as he is pretty well booked for quite some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts