Better/over kill setup 3 Batt and Second Alt or 2 batt and Second Alt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to be running a 2500 RMS system with a 3000 watt inverter. Do you guys think 3 DieHard Platinum P-4's and a high output second Alt (300amp) is over kill or will 2 DieHard Platinum P-4 a high output second Alt suffice?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hell are you doing with this thing?

OP
OP
bacin87

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hell are you doing with this thing?
I go from school to work and work to school and home @ random times. So I am getting ready for my next semester. I have a wifi hotsport in my truck and me and my girlfried will sometimes be on our laptops (18.4 inch) destop replacements doing homework or online. I am getting a wifi printer for my car. So I am making it a mobile office of sorts. The Sound system is for down time for myself.

rc610

Reaction score
I would think a high output alt and 2 batts would be enough alone. However I'm not really familiar with the power consumption of an inverter. I know the alt alone would most likely handle the stereo with ease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bacin87

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think a high output alt and 2 batts would be enough alone. However I'm not really familiar with the power consumption of an inverter. I know the alt alone would most likely handle the stereo with ease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good deal. I was thinking about the 3 Batts only because of the rapid power drain of the inverters when ever the engine is off. I might Isolate one of the batts to preven full out power failure due to low charge.

jplong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all will be going on the inverter? Even a Full fledged monster desktop and 27" monitor wont use that much power. Both laptops together may only use 500 watts.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look up XS power batteries. don't bother with that die hard crap.

2 of those will be more than enough. dont' even bother with isolating them either. one H/O alternator and 2 of those batteries will be WAY more than enough.

the whole isolated battery thing is good in theory, but will be more work than you think. only way to make it really work is to have 2 alternators and 2 batteries where one alt/battery is only for whatever you want to isolate. but then you will be limiting its potential and may create more headaches.

do my set up, and if you NEED to use stuff with the vehicle off, you'll be okay for a little bit. but that kind of drain is what will kill batteries.

OP
OP
bacin87

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all will be going on the inverter? Even a Full fledged monster desktop and 27" monitor wont use that much power. Both laptops together may only use 500 watts.

I have a desktop replacement and it blew out my 500. it started to smoke.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

look up XS power batteries. don't bother with that die hard crap.

2 of those will be more than enough. dont' even bother with isolating them either. one H/O alternator and 2 of those batteries will be WAY more than enough.

the whole isolated battery thing is good in theory, but will be more work than you think. only way to make it really work is to have 2 alternators and 2 batteries where one alt/battery is only for whatever you want to isolate. but then you will be limiting its potential and may create more headaches.

do my set up, and if you NEED to use stuff with the vehicle off, you'll be okay for a little bit. but that kind of drain is what will kill batteries.

Thank you I am going to look up that batt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59

Latest posts