Best spark plugs to use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abbott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 02 tahoe with the flex fuel 5.3. The tahoe has almost 200,000 miles on it and it used just as a daily driver. Which plugs would best suit my needs? What about wires? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
A

Abbott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you get them plugs at Autozone or where do I need to look for them? What do they cost?

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any decent parts store should have ac delco. plug # 41-110, wires # 748gg or 748hh

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, the ACDs I pulled out of my '01 were NGK iridium plugs, manufactured for ACD.

ACD parts are reboxed parts from other manufacturers, in my case, my stock ACD plugs were NGKs. ACD may be OE, but they aren't OEM ("original equipment" ≠ "original equipment manufacturer").

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did ACD (mine were NGK as well) and Taylor 8mm wires (i think), i like the red better. Drove the exact same after. changed them wit 150k on the clock.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Delco, Denso, or NGK are all fine as long as you get the Iridium plugs. All three were also used as OEM plugs. I bought my Delco plugs from Advance autoparts. I ordered them online with a 35% off discount code and picked them up in the store within 30 minutes. I saved over 20 bucks by doing that.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Delco, Denso, or NGK are all fine as long as you get the Iridium plugs. All three were also used as OEM plugs. I bought my Delco plugs from Advance autoparts. I ordered them online with a 35% off discount code and picked them up in the store within 30 minutes. I saved over 20 bucks by doing that.

Thanks for the tip Scott. I need to do this soon.

OP
OP
A

Abbott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to do it soon too. thanks for all the help guys. trying to do some needed maintance on it since it is getting close to having 200,000 miles on it.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

What about a fuel filter? Is the ones you get from Autozone ok to use. I try to change it every 12,000 miles.

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

So the ngk 7397 plugs are ok to use? What is the difference between the iridium plugs and the regualr spark plugs?

Is Duralast or Bosch wires ok to use? Only ac delco I seen was the performance ones and they was $160. Like I said it is just a daily driver and a family vehicle.

Thanks for all the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia