Best real HID option available?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmattdvc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok here's a bump for follow up question, I'm ready to do this hid install, I talked to DDM, when I asked them my question, I must say they were a bit less than helpful, but they do seem to have good stuff:

I've got a '07 tahoe, I know I'm going 35w in the lows, what did you guys think of going 55w in the highs? Anybody have an idea about heat or burning the headlight cover problems?

OP
OP
Seel

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
DDM is not very helpful when it comes to trucks. They specialize more in German imports. All you need is 35 or 55 watt ballasts and H11 bulbs for lows and 5202 for the fogs and a wire harness. You do not need an error eliminator. That is for German cars. Here are the links for everything you need:
http://www.ddmtuning.com/viewCart.php

Not sure if that link will work, but here is a copy and paste of the cart:

Description Price Qty Total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HID Kit Wiring Harness
$15.00

FOG LIGHTS:
DDM HID Kit, 35W, H16, 5000K
Bulb Color: 5000K
Bulb Type: H16/5202 (+$10.00)
Wattage: 35 Watt
$50.00

LOW BEAM:
DDM HID Kit, 35W, H11, 5000K
Bulb Color: 5000K
Bulb Type: H11
Wattage: 35 Watt
$40.00

Total:
$105.00+shipping

Connor I just put all of this in the shopping cart and was going to checkout and the total is only 92.50 + shipping??

Did the prices go down?

vietcu

Reaction score
Any of you guys thought about do a Projector retro? I am thinking about doing this for my truck, but still in the process of researching and putting together the right components. Doing the retro projector is actually the best way to do it, although time consuming and a lot of work. The HID kits are blinding to other drivers IMO.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys thought about do a Projector retro? I am thinking about doing this for my truck, but still in the process of researching and putting together the right components. Doing the retro projector is actually the best way to do it, although time consuming and a lot of work. The HID kits are blinding to other drivers IMO.

wrong thread for this topic...there are plenty of threads on here for retrofitting your headlights to projectors

And even more debates about whether people believe HIDs are blinding when put into a stock Halogen housing or not. Use the search and check for HID Retrofit. Good Luck

Black71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sold my '07 Escalade to get an '07 Z71 4x4 Tahoe and want to get back to the HID's I had on the Escalade. What are the best options for real HID's out there? Don't like the fake blue bulb look.

Also where is the best place online to buy the bow tie replacements? Want to go all brushed aluminum look on the Tahoe since that is the overriding theme. Thanks guys/gals. Hope I can be of help in the future -Seel

Hey check out my post in exterior i just got my z71 all done up. I have 6k hids in both fogs and low and they are white ( i too hate that blue shit ). And i had my bowties professionally painted but im sure you could get them to the brushed aluminum look you want.

OP
OP
Seel

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
Hey check out my post in exterior i just got my z71 all done up. I have 6k hids in both fogs and low and they are white ( i too hate that blue shit ). And i had my bowties professionally painted but im sure you could get them to the brushed aluminum look you want.

Can you post a bigger picture of your lights? The one in your thread is very small.

Your rig is nice, man. Very different!

vietcu

Reaction score
wrong thread for this topic...there are plenty of threads on here for retrofitting your headlights to projectors

And even more debates about whether people believe HIDs are blinding when put into a stock Halogen housing or not. Use the search and check for HID Retrofit. Good Luck

My fault, not trying to step on anyone's foot or anything like that. Just stating my opinion is all. I will do a search again, because I have been trying to look for more retro threads on this forum and haven't found that many yet. Other than ones that people never go to completion on. Again, sorry if I said anything wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts