Best oil for 100K + engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djtoothowd

Reaction score
I use Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5w-30 and ac-delco filter. I'm at about 167k miles and and dont have much if any piston slap but i did have an oil leak shortly after switching to full synthetic but was easily fixed by replacing oil sending unit and no problems since. She does burn some oil but its only about a quart by the time its due for another oil change. i change my oil by what the dash says, which im not sure how many miles it averages out to be each time as i just decided to start keeping track of it last oil change. I've used Castrol GTX and Vavoline conventional oil in the past and with Castrol it seemed to make more engine noise in my 99 blazer which is when i switched to Vavoline, and now Mobil 1.

CMF406

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The oil some should look at is joe gibbs LS30 its a synthetic 5w30
and a good filter WIX or NAPA GOLD

never been a fram fan since I cut one open

LS30
Synthetic 5W-30
LS30 delivers new Ultra High Viscosity Index synthetic base oil technology in a street performance motor oil designed for GM LS based engines. LS30 features a high zinc content to protect aggressive cam profiles, and the advanced synthetic formula delivers high temperature protection. Combined, LS30 provides protection for street/strip applications that call for a 5W-30 viscosity oil. Not every high performance engine lives in a race car. High Performance engines can be found under the hood of modern muscle cars. These engines often have a double life. One day cruising the highway and the next tearing up a track. Engines like these need oil that protects on the road, on the track and in the garage. Joe Gibbs Driven LS30 delivers enhanced film thickness as well as increased anti-wear additives for high output LS based engines.

High Zinc Content - Higher level of Zinc (ZDP) delivers proper anti-wear protection for high output engines and aggressive cam designs.
Extra Film Thickness - Advanced synthetic technology provides high shear protection for supercharged engines.
Storage Protection - Protects against rust and corrosion damage when your engine is not running. Defends against moisture drawn into the engine by modern ethanol blended fuels. Utilizes a tenacious oil film technology developed for the U.S. military.

Product Features:

•Designed for high performance LS series engines
•Utilizes advanced synthetic base oils
•Provides high temperature and high shear protection
Applications:

•Ideal for LS based "crate" engines and supercharged LS performance engines.
•All street performance engines that call for a 5W-30 viscosity grade

Army Cowboy

Reaction score
AMSOIL SAE 5W-30 XL Extended Life Synthetic Motor Oil or SAE 5W-30 Signature Series 100% Synthetic Motor Oil. I will only run AMSOIL in my vehicle, I think its the best oil out there, just my $.02.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts