Best Mod to Date - Complete HID Retrofit Head Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from the Euro scene, one of the features I missed most was HID head lights. I love the Escalade but couldn't justify the price just to get a few creature comforts I desired. With that in mind, I did a few minor cosmetic upgrades (LED interior lights, centered the TAHOE logo on the lift gate) and saved my pennies for a proper HID setup. I did quite a bit of research and found the easiest way to go (for me) was to buy a turn key set of retro'd lights. I looked into the forum sponsor Black Flame but felt like I might be able to find something cheaper than $1K + shipping. I continued my search and found Vision Autoworks. Out the door I got brand new lights with Morimoto Mini H1 Bi Xenon Projectors for $760 shipped. I opted to pay more for the better XB35 ballasts due to better cold weather start up than the 3Fives. The output is incredible compared to the anemic stock halogen lights. I setup the wiring so I could retain the stock high beam as well as being able to use the bi xenon feature. Needless to say I would recommend sunscreen when the high beams are activated. Everything is sharper and driving in rain and snow I'm able to see much more detail and topography of the road. All in all, I'm extremely happy with the purchase and would recommend it to anybody.

Light1_zpseb745ff2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Light2_zps4b00689e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Light3_zps0cce63b3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Light4_zps50fc46fb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Looks great. Good to know of another vendor that has such a good price. I think this will be my next purchase!

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add that purchase price included complete plug n play harness with relays. Thanks Dale!

NNBS-Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great and thats a great price. On my list of mods but as you said the $1K + price leaves a lot to be desired. Good to see another option that is more affordable.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look great! I also love my retro as one of my top mods for the Nali'

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I too got a set made by them for around the same price for my 07 Avalanche. Found the company browsing eBay. Definitely cheapest turn key retro you will find online.

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the kind words.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Felix, same here. Great work and solid warranty. I had a few questions and they answered very quick.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
760 bucks??? :eek: Damn... Maybe one of these days... :(

Yeah, there are probably some advantages for doing something like that (better visibility, safty etc.), but I don't think I can justify that at the moment. Would be nice, but not at the top of the list for now.

They sure look nice, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn