Best headers for a 04 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junior209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to get some headers for my 04 tahoe just want to know what's the best bang for the buck

mmeachem

Reaction score
Long Tube !!!!!!!!!!

But search the forum for installs and how to's because from what I've read it can either bring you great power or just be a pain installing

OP
OP
Junior209

Junior209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was looking on getting long tube headers but I wanted to see what brand to go with that's not to expensive and which brand doesn't have fitment issues

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Depending on where you live, your emissions might have different requirements.

If you can do LTs, I would recommend Dynatechs or AEM.

If you have to do midlengths, I would recommend Doug Thorley's or Bassani.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with my Pacesetter Ceramic coated LT's and y-pipe. I haven't had them to long but the coating seems to be holding up nicely. Fitment was perfect. Install was a bit of a pain but nothing to do with headers but, more on my lack of research in how to install. I also had issue with a broken bolt in head but that would be there to deal with regardless what I was installing. I thought about stainless ones but after feeling the heat off my friends ride and the discoloration I think I made right choice for me.
The thing with some of these LT's is no more cats unless you weld some in or you spend big money for the high dollar ones that come with cats.

OP
OP
Junior209

Junior209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did you pay for the headers and y pipe and can you feel a big difference

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Callspeed stainless headers, ceramic coat and wrap them yourself, for under 450$

Just installed a set on this truck. being coated and wrapped our intake temps dropped from 140 to 97* on a 93* day, with a crappy K&N CAI.
[yt]Htbu3RwIERg[/yt]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia