Best for towing. 2500 6.0 vs Denali 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to find a duraburb for sale. They don't come cheap. They have a YouTube channel if you want to see the quality of their work. If I had the money there would be no doubt I would do it. And to be able to get the gas mileage and power of the diesel there is no question about it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Poobank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i tow with a 2001 yukon xl 8.1L all the time. i tow my 01 mustang with a ~2000lbs car trailer, so maybe 5600lbs. empty i get about 12.5-13mpg and towing i get about 10mpg. i have gotten 16mpg straight hwy at 60mph (right under 2k rpm w/o trailer) but driving that slow is very lame. these yukons can probably be had for about 4-6k i would think. the 8.1L is rated for like 12k and for about $5k thats hard to beat.

Bruizza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow our 22' wakeboarding boat a lot including over multiple mountain passes from Denver to Lake Powell. I have done it with the 5.3 and with a Denali with the 6.2. Never with the 6.0 though. I would go Denali all the way for what you are looking to do. You will get the comfort of the Denali and it won't be an issue pulling the size boat you are looking at.

Paul Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This thread has been dormant for a while, but it I think it is also worth noting that the NNBS (Suburban or Yukon XL) 2500 models have 39 gallon fuel tanks. This does make a difference when towing long distances. I also have to say that pulling my 23' Toy Hauler loaded to the max (~8000lbs) with the 3/4 ton I do not feel the trailer is overpowering the vehicle. With my 2005 Ford Expedition it always felt like the trailer was controlling the truck and I was always paranoid when in wind or next to semis. The Expedition also sagged big time and I had to crank the tortion bars. With the 2500 the truck sits level without even putting the tortions on the weigh distribution hitch. I can actually set it to one link less on the weight distribution and don't have to put so much tension on the trailer hitch. With the 2500 I feel like I am in complete control and the integrated brake controller works flawlessly. Towing mode is also very cool with the downshifts to help slow down, higher RPM shifts, and downhill speed compensation. There are also the little added perks like the auto-blinker timing is longer when towing than when not towing and with towing mirrors you have awesome visibility. If you can put up with the rougher ride I definitely recommend getting the 2500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019