Battery problems after knock sensor replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The battery was charging after I disconnected it from the harness. I also forgot there was a whining sound when acceleration for a week or two prior to this. Didn't realize how easy it was to pull the alternator, until i did last night but it was 2nd shift at all the auto places and apparently no one at night knows how to use the machine to test it, so I will be taking it with me to work and stopping on my way home. I feel like it either died at the perfect coincidental time, or maybe it even still works when driving faster. I didn't notice the light driving around but it came on when parked in the driveway.
Too late now, I know, but many scan tools (including my Zurich from Harbor Freight) will do battery and alternator diagnostic testing. One of those functions might have helped identify the alternator having issues.

At least you're fixed now.

Good job on getting that resolved!

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a new alternator in and it solved the problem. I was very relieved as I thought I probably messed up some wiring and had a much bigger issue on my hands. I replaced the airbag sensors when I got the truck a couple years ago also.
This was fun when I did it. Both my daughter and my wife did the whole arms crossed think when I diagnosed the problem. When everything began working correctly again, I got an apology (unasked for) from my daughter. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuck 2015 Tahoe