Bad wheel bearings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chizzychase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my front wheel bearings are going bad. I hear some squealing when I brake and I think it's my bearings up front because sometimes when I turn I can hear it too. Any advice?

OP
OP
Chizzychase

Chizzychase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ps. I just replaced the front brakes yesterday with new pads and rotors that's why I believe it might be my bearings

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Break in the pads before doing anything. Depends on the pad some have Schaeferd edges and some don't. I find the ones that don't make some noise for a bit.
On another note if it was the bearings you would hear more of a growing noise and it would come and go depending on if you turn left or right. And if your hearing is good when you are turning either way you can tell which one it is.

OP
OP
Chizzychase

Chizzychase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear it when I turn left and when I brake. Initially I thought it was my brakes so that's why I did them but after getting it apart and seeing my brakes were in good shape I was stumped I went ahead and threw on the new rotors and pads but after replacing its still squeaking. I'm thinking its wheel bearings

OP
OP
Chizzychase

Chizzychase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake line is fine. I have brakes and they did get a lot better when I replaced the pads and rotors so I don't think it's the caliper

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the truck? 158,000 on mine when it started making noise on left turns. Turned out to be wheel bearing. Replaced both when I put in drop spindles, problem solved. Not an uncommon issue but it can be a ***** to get the old bearing out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cayukon