Autotrac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bishop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently bought a 99 Tahoe and I think I want to put a 6" rough country lift kit on it. On the RC web site it says if you have a autotrac 4 wheel drive you will need a new drive shaft. Now i'm sure i dont "need" a new one i can just get mine lengthend but my question is how do i know if i have the autotrac?

This is my daily driver so i dont want to get it half done then be waiting for more parts.

My truck has the push button range selector on the dash 2HI,4WD Auto 4HI,4LO. Its a 4dr LS and has the 4L60E transmission.

Thanks for your help or any input you have.

Heres where it talks about autotrac

http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_88-98_6.html

Also, am I going to need longer brake hoses?

Last edited:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, you have Autotrac. The auto 4Hi is the auto trac. It is a good idea to get the long stainless braided lines also.

OP
OP
B

bishop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Do you know how much longer the drive shaft is going to have to be? Is there another trucks drive shaft that will work with out modification?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be mistaken but I think the length is fine, I think it just requires a CV driveshaft in the front.

wicked2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up needing it. All I do is take it off when not offroading. It makes alot of noise when driving at higher speeds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts