AutoRide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Munsk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need some info on the factory AutoRide. I have an 06 YXL Denali with the AutoRide. It sits VERY low. I am thinking about putting a lift kit in. I plan on pulling a camper that will just about MAX out the towing capacity. I was thinking that having the AutoRide would be an advantage for towing a heavy camp trailer. (Kinda like air bags on a 3/4 Ton truck)
Also, my right rear shock is leaking. Am I better off without the AutoRide? I noticed that some guys are taking theirs off, why? AutoRide shocks are WAY more expensive...
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Munsk.

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto ride is a good idea. In theory, I am not a big fan. It will work fine but you cannot go big bad shocks like I did based on my towing of boats, trailers, etc. Biggest thing with a camper is having a good weight distribution and sway control. You are going to be towing a billboard down the road so you will be suseptable to a lot of sway and bouncing. I work at an RV dealership and people pull in with auto ride all the time. Fix it if you want and tow away just don't skimp on your hitch. You WILL regret it. You can PM me if you have more questions. I have been able to get some good deals to members here in the past. *Also don't be afraid to take some pics for the towing thread. My pics are on there just not with my Mustang on the car hauler which was really heavy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilFresco