Autoride - Error Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Acosta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have autoride 2005 tahoe. I just replaced the rear shocks. The old ones had holes in the rubber. The pump would occasionally turn on and then shut off. So I had been getting the "Service Air Ride" message. However it is not on all the time - it is sporadic. The pump turned on the other day, but I haven't heard it in a few days. So my question(s) are:
  • Should the pump turn on each time the truck is started?
  • Is it normal for the error message to come on sporadically?
  • Has anybody else experienced these symptoms?
  • Should I attempt to re-set the computer memory by removing the battery?
  • Would removing the battery effect the factory security system?

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the pump is directly related to the rear ride height. Meaning if the ride height sensors are reading level, the computer thinks there is no adjustment needed and therefor the compressor wont turn on. A battery disconnect wont hurt anything, and no it wont mess with security.

OP
OP
D

Dan Acosta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea about the sporadic error message? I have seen some people report that they had chaffing of wires or a bad connection somewhere. Is this a common problem? Typically error messages stay on for a while unless it is a fuel cap - something like that.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a sensor on the fritz maybe is all i can figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz