Auto Lift Gate Stopped Working..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CO-Texan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've spent hours looking so I'm reaching out for some help.
2007 LTZ 4WD.
The auto Lift Gate stopped working. When I push the button on the remote, the lights flash, but the latch doesn't release and the motor does nothing. Neither button on on the lift gate work to open or close it. I've checked the fuses and they are good. The overhead console button doesn't work either and it's not in the off position.

If I manually release the latch and allow the door to touch the lock mechanism, it will activate and pull/lock the door in the closed position as normal.

The glass release button on the hatch and on the remote both work as normal.

Any ideas?

vinnyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if the lift shocks are good? I bought a 2011 last year and the lift gate would only go up about a foot and then close, it was due to the shocks not being strong enough. That was only a 3 year old suburban, yours is a 2007 and if those are original that could be the problem.

Rat55chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have an enable/disable switch on your overhead console? Mine was accidentally turned off once. I think I found it in the user manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

CO-Texan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found the solution. The Tahoe wasn't started for more than two weeks and I had multiple cycles of open/close the gate. I guess after so many, it disables the feature until you restart the vehicle. Spent hours searching and it was just that. Jeez.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out. Maybe that means you need to drive the poor thing more.

rook

Reaction score
Mine craps out if I try to close it with the key, it sounds like the motor breaks... But, close it, restart, play some games if display says gate open until it recognizes it's closed, then, it'll work again and just have to remember only to close it with the latch button. Weird, but only my latch button is a sure shot to make the thing work right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick Kintzler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine stopped working I thought it was the motor a year later the latch went bad replaced it, now everything works great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71