Auto headlights and daytime running lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivanh3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
Just purchased a 2006 Tahoe with the police package. My auto headlights, dome override, and daytime running lights don't seem to work. I can manually turn the headlights off and on just fine. When I unlock the vehicle with the FOB/remote the daytime running lights come on, so the bulbs are good and they are getting power.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Ivan

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
I believe the BCM is programmed to have them not come on. It is an option on the police models.

OP
OP
I

ivanh3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Am I understanding correctly then that perhaps the BCM could be programmed for the lights to behave the same as a "civilian" Tahoe? Does the dealer do that? Is that expensive?

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
You may be able to have a dealer do that for you. They certainly have the ability to. They have to get custom programming sent from GM and then download that to your BCM. There are other people who have the ability to do it as well. I had to have a custom flash for someone done and the guy was located in Canada.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ivanh3 , I have a 2006 SSV and have the same problem. If I find out anything, I'll let you know about the BCM reprogram.

OP
OP
I

ivanh3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Frank: Thanks and vice versa. I am on shift tomorrow, but I will call around on Friday. My vehicle is also an SSV and not a PPV.

Keith: Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadi awais