Armalite AR-30 .308

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is car forum, but I figure there has to be a few gun nuts out there like me that own a Tahoe or Yukon...
This rifle and I have been through alot. It has been my comp bolt gun for several years and has touched steel consecutively at 1200 yards (try doing that with your 20" .308). This rifle has about 1500 rounds through it, cleaned after every outing. This rifle consistently shoots 1/3 MOA groups at 100 yards with handloads and 1/2 groups with match grade ammo. Comes with APA stock adapter ($75), Magpul PRS stock($240), original Armalite stock, Falcon ERGO grip with palmrest ($55), and Miculek muzzle brake ($40). Does not come with bipod, scope or monopod. Hate to let it go, as it has served me well, but my impulses rule my life.. Looking to get $1400 obo shipped to your local FFL dealer
IMG_4224.jpg
IMG_4226.jpg

OP
OP
S

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a monopod. Provides a more stable and adjustable third point of contact with the ground.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet rig, whsts the little bumper on the bottom of the stock?

Its an adjustable buttstock monopod... Really good for bench shooting... makes a 3 point base instead of relying on your shoulder and forearm. Dont worry about breathing control or anything... just point and shoot! 3 point bases are not allowed in long range comps around here, but it is no different than a sandbag rest which is very handy when sighting a long range gun in...

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the one thing i have had such a hard time with shooting my ar's. I still havent picked up a bipod, i'm cheap. Those guns have to sit up so high for me to get sight alignment. I like that mono pad though. Amazing how guys still cant do their part with all this "stuff" out there. Haha. Wish i somewhere to shoot close to that far.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the one thing i have had such a hard time with shooting my ar's. I still havent picked up a bipod, i'm cheap. Those guns have to sit up so high for me to get sight alignment. I like that mono pad though. Amazing how guys still cant do their part with all this "stuff" out there. Haha. Wish i somewhere to shoot close to that far.

Get outta New England!!

I know I have a vertical foregrip on one of my carbines and a round tube forearm on the other. Forgetting about the bipod, from the prone position I am very inaccurate with the vertical grip, but it helps a whole lot in the kneeling, sitting or standing position. On a bench, cant beat the bipod and monopod...

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive thought about it. I put a carbon fiber handgaurd on my 6.8 and fabed a rail to it. Mounted the angled grip on it. I could try a vertical on there .

OP- sorry, at least your getting free bumps.

OP
OP
S

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Im gonna say is you can buy the worlds most accurate rifle, most expensive scope, all the accessories money can buy, but you still cant fix what sits behind the rifle. Monopod or not, breathing is still very important, as well as stock weld and off hand placement. Some competitions allow them, others dont. Is it an advantage? Sure, to someone who knows how to use it properly. This rife shoot 1/3 MOA because I do my part. Someone who has never shot it before would be lucky to break sub-MOA

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All . This rife shoot 1/3 MOA because I do my part. Someone who has never shot it before would be lucky to break sub-MOA

I would still love to try! I know what ya mean, racing is the same. These guys go out and bolt on all kinds of stuff, port polish. I look at the bikes and go why? Principles, training and the "gene"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali