Are the wheel hub assemblies universal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malik112099

Reaction score
I swapped out the front driver's side wheel hub assembly last year and I am wanting to do the remaining 3 on my 2007 XL Denali. Some of the assemblies I am finding say front or rear while some just say front. Also if I look up just the rear only bearings come up usually. They all look the same to me on the truck but I wanted to verify before I made the purchase.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Fronts are NOT the same as rears.

The rear is a solid axle and has seals and bearings in the end of the axle housing that require removing the axle shaft in order to replace.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^The rear is not a hub assembly. Hub assemblies are used on the front IFS. The rear is a differential with normal axles, bearings and seals.

OP
OP
M

Malik112099

Reaction score
Well I should have also asked if there are any rear bearing/seal/etc replacement kits or do I need to piece it all together myself?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I should have also asked if there are any rear bearing/seal/etc replacement kits or do I need to piece it all together myself?
It's just a bearing and a seal for each side, no need for a kit. Sometimes just the seal needs replacement. I did both sides on my 08 CC because I had to pull the axles. Just get a slide hammer and bearing puller set from your local loan-a-tool program as well as a bearing installer set. It's pretty easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645