Anyone with a 2017 Escalade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone with a 2017 Escalade that can help me? I have a memory seat question.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure there are. Why not post the question already, though?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is the question? the seat memory works the same as it always has across the gm platform, adjust everything where you like it seat, mirrors, steering wheel, pedals. then press and hold the desired memory button 1 or 2 (whichever you are setting it for) until you hear a beep. the settings will work in conjunction with the keyfob (1 or 2) used to unlock the vehicle. you will also have a easy-out function. if you have a "set" button then you press that button first until you hear the beep them immediately press and hold the desired 1 or 2 memory button until you hear 2 beeps.
you may or may not have a setting in your headunit/dic to enable automatic easyout, mirror tilt in reverse, automatic mirror fold etc
your owners manual will also show how the memory functions operate, if you do not have the owners manual it is free online on the gm website.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the question? the seat memory works the same as it always has across the gm platform, adjust everything where you like it seat, mirrors, steering wheel, pedals. then press and hold the desired memory button 1 or 2 (whichever you are setting it for) until you hear a beep. the settings will work in conjunction with the keyfob (1 or 2) used to unlock the vehicle. you will also have a easy-out function. if you have a "set" button then you press that button first until you hear the beep them immediately press and hold the desired 1 or 2 memory button until you hear 2 beeps.
you may or may not have a setting in your headunit/dic to enable automatic easyout, mirror tilt in reverse, automatic mirror fold etc
your owners manual will also show how the memory functions operate, if you do not have the owners manual it is free online on the gm website.

Ok, so I set everything and it works great BUT here is my question. If I have it set and say I am went to the car wash or the valet moves moves my seat why doesn't it go back to my preset settings when I hit memory 1? The dealer states it's not meant to work that way and that I need to shut the vehicle off, lock the doors and re-enter which imo is total BS!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I set everything and it works great BUT here is my question. If I have it set and say I am went to the car wash or the valet moves moves my seat why doesn't it go back to my preset settings when I hit memory 1? The dealer states it's not meant to work that way and that I need to shut the vehicle off, lock the doors and re-enter which imo is total BS!
The seat and other things should move to there set position anytime you hit the desired preset button, key in, key out, running, not running, etc
even if you started it with keyfob 2 and then pressed preset 1 it should go to those settings.
the only time it would not do it is if you had it in drive already, has to be in park.
unless something has changed that is how it works.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seat and other things should move to there set position anytime you hit the desired preset button, key in, key out, running, not running, etc
even if you started it with keyfob 2 and then pressed preset 1 it should go to those settings.
the only time it would not do it is if you had it in drive already, has to be in park.
unless something has changed that is how it works.

That is how it worked in every car I owned since the 90's lol. The dealer and technician is telling me otherwise.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is how it worked in every car I owned since the 90's lol. The dealer and technician is telling me otherwise.
go out on there lot, tell the salesman you want to check out "this one" (set the presets) then see how it operates, when it works properly then go get the service manager and show them.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go out on there lot, tell the salesman you want to check out "this one" (set the presets) then see how it operates, when it works properly then go get the service manager and show them.

Good idea! The service director brought over the tech who allegedly also owned a 2017 and said "its normal". I think its total BS!

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is funny. I think I have to hold onto the number 1 for it to move back in place. If I let go, it stops moving

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cayukon