anyone use LED's in there fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look nice but & will have an HID color look but don't expect to be anything other than aesthetic. It won't improve any night vision...only looks nice. If you want the fogs to be functional you'll want to go with HID's or keep the halogens...

Cameron

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the led fogs. Purely for looks. I have Hid's in my highs/lows/reverse. Fogs are illegal in LA to have on without it raining or it being foggy so I didn't want to waste Hid's on something I would never turn on and potentially melt the housing.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the led fogs. Purely for looks. I have Hid's in my highs/lows/reverse. Fogs are illegal in LA to have on without it raining or it being foggy so I didn't want to waste Hid's on something I would never turn on and potentially melt the housing.

Why would it be illegal to turn your fogs on in anything other than rain or fog??? I turn my own (on both the Burb and GP) pretty regularly and I don't see it causing a safety issue for oncoming traffic. Kind of a peculiar law :think:

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might be one of those dumb ass laws. like in cali you have to have your lights on if you have your wipers on in the rain. at least thats what i was told

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
might be one of those dumb ass laws. like in cali you have to have your lights on if you have your wipers on in the rain. at least thats what i was told

That could be true. My GP actually automatically turns my lights on when I turn my wipers on and it may be due to that law and just made it a universal "feature". It doesn't bother me since it doesn't put me out at all but if it was a law I'd probably be a little bugged by it. I think I'll just keep living in Missouri :D

OP
OP
Z

zaathur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im planning on using 6000k in my lows im just wanting the fogs to match the color of the HIDs not looking for visibility just looks, with the LED's are the white pretty close to the 6000k color

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman