Anyone permantely disabled park assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NateDiggity

Reaction score
My wife's 07 Denali has had park assist issues since we bought it used. I have fought with it to try to get it working, but now would rather not have it at all. We back right against our garage door when parked in our driveway and the beeping would wake up our toddlers if they were asleep in car seats and don't want to bother with the cancel button. Since owning I have had the system scanned and replaced one sensor. also removes rear bumper fascia to check the harness etc. The problem now is either the controller under pass seat itself or the harness between c pillar and rear hatch where it exits above tail pipe...

To disable it I have this info:

st out

Disabling Rear Park Assist
By Blog Post on January 1, 2011 6:07 PM | No Comments
On 2007-2011 Silverado and Sierra models, owners or aftermarket upfitters that remove the rear bumper, install a different rear bumper, add a different box/flat bed/cube box/hitch or make other modifications to the rear of the truck, may need to disable the Rear Park Assist option (RPO UD7) from the vehicle.

Follow the instructions below for the model year of the vehicle involved:

1. For all model years, disable the Rear Park Assistmodule by removing the OBS DET fuse 20 (10 amp) from the left instrument panel fuse block

2a. For 2007-2009 models, contact Techline Customer Support at 1-800-828-6860 to obtain an Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) calibration to disable the Rear Park Assist option.

2b. For 2010-2011 models, remove power to the IPC for several minutes by disconnecting the battery and then reconnect. When power is restored, the IPC will not see the Park Assist Module (disabled in Step 1) on the low speed data buss. It will reconfigure the IPC without Rear Park Assist. After this process is complete, the Park Assist Warning Messages will not be displayed.

Has anyone done this? I tried just pulling fuse but that didn't help much as it still popped up on dash (the real annoyance) and killed power to rear hatch.

I have been told when you call the # it as for a dealer number, so apparently it's something I have to take it to the dealer for....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia