Anyone done side exit exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it is helpful or not but I have a side dump exhaust on my NBS Denali. I moved the muffler forward, it' almost under the front passenger seat. The exhaust is about 3/4 the way back on the rear door. It is pretty loud and has drone on the highway. Been that way for 2 years and no distortion or problems with my running board.

OP
OP
Big Mama

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the first I’ve heard about highway drone. This is our traveling truck so maybe I better try to find a live one. If you kept the same muffler I wonder why it got louder? Just a shorter pipe? Guys?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the first I’ve heard about highway drone. This is our traveling truck so maybe I better try to find a live one. If you kept the same muffler I wonder why it got louder? Just a shorter pipe? Guys?
Resonater gone and the short tailpipe exiting right below the door is def going to make it louder...drone? Maybe..

Bill Marshalonis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The exhaust tips don't get hot, they're too far back. Go check it out next time after driving. Pretty warm, yes, but not hot.
If the vehicle is moving, there is no chance of gases getting in through the window. Sitting there and idling, maybe minimal.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Not sure if it is helpful or not but I have a side dump exhaust on my NBS Denali. I moved the muffler forward, it' almost under the front passenger seat. The exhaust is about 3/4 the way back on the rear door. It is pretty loud and has drone on the highway. Been that way for 2 years and no distortion or problems with my running board.

Wagnasty post some pictures to see how it looks.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres an avalanche with side pipes that I screenshot it from IG's explore page. He notched his running board to tuck them. I like how they look although idk how the running board will hold up to heat or weight if someone steps on it. Avalanche Side Pipes #1.jpg Avalanche Side Pipes #2.jpg Avalanche Side Pipes #3.jpg

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty good. Though they're right on the running boards.

I'd consider doing something like that but I was told to pass emissions, I need to have my exhaust running out the back and the tips need to exit outside the body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino

Latest posts