Anybody here using the Torque app to read trans temp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jewel or Jalopy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an ELM327 adaptor and lost it, so I just ordered a new one. Of course I'm too impatient to just wait. LOL!

Does anybody know if you can read trans temps through the app?

We're going on a camping trip in a few months and I was thinking of using the app to monitor trans temps instead of adding a temp gauge.

Thanks!
Ian

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I used the same setup for my '99 Yukon. You'll have to program the app with the GM-specific codes IIRC, or else load the GM program pack. It's pretty easy to do.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have same setup with elm 327 and torque app. Mine came with 2 built in PIDs to choose from on the list, trams fl temp " GM method 1" or "2". I used both when I first set it up but they both had same reading. I have 2 other *** cars and can't get trans temp with that PID. 02 yuk.

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the OBD reader connected all the time? Will it not drain the car battery?

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't give the Trans temp, should it?

iceworm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck seeing the engine oil temp using the normal or GM extended pids? In my case, equipment is scantool MX and TorquePro. I just got it a bit ago and have not had a chance to connect to the Tahoe.

ice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia