Anybody have any luck rebuilding power running boards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These poor things have 9 years of nasty snowy weather on them and are so slow to move in and out. The silt from the roads have penetrated the bushings and lubing them only last for a few days and then they’re right back to sticky. Anybody know of a rebuild kit for these or am I stuck spending big money for new motors and hinges? TIA

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Where ya located? I've had mine turned off since I bought the truck. They work perfect, though. I've been tempted to take them off, I just don't want to store them :rotflmao:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Do the standard and XL use the same length electric running board?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the standard and XL use the same length electric running board?
No. The XL running boards are longer in length to span the longer wheel base.

However, that being said I believe the front and rear mounting brackets/hinges and motors are all the same and the only components that vary are the center bracket and actual side step itself.

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the '13 Escalade ESV I bought new motors off Amazon that are a motor and front bracket in one:

Then purchased new OEM rear step brackets from gmpartsdirect.com

Been working flawlessly for over a year now through all kinds of weather here in Ohio.
Appreciate the response and link. Might just have to pull the trigger and be done with it. Fairly easy install I’m assuming?

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where ya located? I've had mine turned off since I bought the truck. They work perfect, though. I've been tempted to take them off, I just don't want to store them :rotflmao:
I’m in Lake Tahoe and our roads get sanded and then covered in a very light salt solution. Absolute ****** on these hinges

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I’m in Lake Tahoe and our roads get sanded and then covered in a very light salt solution. Absolute ****** on these hinges
I'm assuming Lake Tahoe, NC. You're a bit far from me in STL, even if I cut you a hell of a deal lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts