any one install a Flow Master Super 40 8530452 on their truck (single 3.00 in/dual 2.50 out)

I want a 1960s sound on my 2007 HOE will the Flow Flow Master Super 40 part number 8530452 do it?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a 1960s sound on my 2007 HOE and I am in California so I cant delete the 3rd cat (I had to get a CARB sticker just to have a coldair intake), so will the Flow Flow Master Super 40 part number 8530452 (single 3.00 in/dual 2.50 out) give me the sound I want? I have a 5.3 flexfuel 4x4.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will give you a nice sound but you won't be getting the 1960 deep throaty blat out of it. If I recall you can't remove the cat but you can replace them with something that functions as it should. Try getting a magnaflow setup cats on there as they tend to flow better and are less restrictive to the sound. Then with that flowmaster it should give you closers to the sound your after. I'm not 100% on the cat setup for that truck so I think full length headers may require some extra work to get the required cats back under there but that will also push the sound to what you want.

OP
OP
bacin87

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
bacin87

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will give you a nice sound but you won't be getting the 1960 deep throaty blat out of it. If I recall you can't remove the cat but you can replace them with something that functions as it should. Try getting a magnaflow setup cats on there as they tend to flow better and are less restrictive to the sound. Then with that flowmaster it should give you closers to the sound your after. I'm not 100% on the cat setup for that truck so I think full length headers may require some extra work to get the required cats back under there but that will also push the sound to what you want.

I had a 351 1997 Chevy Suburban with a super 40 with dual 3.00 in/dual 2.50 out do you think it will be a
similar growl or deeper with these two mods?

OP
OP
bacin87

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard a CAI affects the sound also. I have a violant coldair with the underbody ram air kit. It makes my engine rev sexy will it help with exhaust sound. I just want my growl back. I miss my 351 my wife made me get rid of.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never noticed an exhaust note difference but the claim is it does and I suppose it could. More flow in more flow out. But you will definitely have a growl with a 40 under there. My 94 burban sounded pretty good with a 40 single 3 in to 3 in. Had that classic sound when I hacked the cat off for a while till I could replace it.

OP
OP
bacin87

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Deal I think I will go with the super 40 single 3.00 in/dual 2.50 out and when I have a few extra bones get the headers and cats from magnaflow since flowmaster doesn't make any that legal in california

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on how prices are in your area you could also opt for shorty headers that will bolt back to your factory y pipe. You won't get as much gains and full length will get more sound down the pipes but shorty's work.

OP
OP
bacin87

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on how prices are in your area you could also opt for shorty headers that will bolt back to your factory y pipe. You won't get as much gains and full length will get more sound down the pipes but shorty's work.
I would have to get the shortys from magnaflow because flowmaster make 49 state legal headers and california is the state they are not legal in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510