Another light bulb question!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

youngsnappy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok i got brave last night and decided to take my hvac control unit out and replace the bulbs but heres the catch. i have a really good friend that owns a junkyard locally and he gave me a complete hvac unit. i plugged it in to see which bulbs were working, marked them and marked mine that were out to replace them. (the local radio shack couldnt find anything to replace them, kids i swear) went about the fun of unsoldering the old ones and swapped them into mine. after i plugged it back into the truck, the ones i soldered in worked, but now half of the other ones that were working before, are now not working. should i just pull it out and get new bulbs from a radio shack that knows what theyre talking about? i know the part number is 272-1154 at the shack. any help would be great!! also, is the dimmer switch bulb the same part number because now ive noticed it not working? what about bulbs for the steering wheel controls?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get the radio shack bulbs, if the store doesn't have them they can either order them and ship them to your house for free (I did that) or you can get on their website and order them from there!! They should also work for your steering wheel bulbs as well, and as for the dimmer switch I was going to replace mine but found out that mine didn't have a bulb for it, theres a black sticker over the part that the light would shine through as well on the inside of the switch, looks like GM was going to make it light up but changed their mind and just put the sticker there and called it good!!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem!! Another bulb to think about if you go about changing other bulbs in your truck is RS part # 272-1092. It's practically the same bulb but without the white base and longer flexible leads!! I didn't know about that bulb till late in the game and changed out some bulbs that looked like that but used the white based one instead!! Good luck with it all, pm me if you have any questions, I changed out quite a few bulbs in my truck already!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts