Another leaking shark fin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtink

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Saturday night my wife noticed water dripping from headliner.
My onstar GPS hasn't worked in 6 months.

After confirming it was the shark fin antenna, I ordered a painted match from online retailer. They said it was OEM.

My question is, i was thinking of putting silicon down first, Anyone disagree with that?
Second question, will i need dealer to flash anything once i install it.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most guys put a little clear rtv around it as for flashing I don’t think so.

coupdevill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got one! Started leaking yesterday morning, figure a piece of tape now, a bit of silicon when I get around to it.

OP
OP
Jtink

Jtink

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Saturday night my wife noticed water dripping from headliner.
My onstar GPS hasn't worked in 6 months.

After confirming it was the shark fin antenna, I ordered a painted match from online retailer. They said it was OEM.

My question is, i was thinking of putting silicon down first, Anyone disagree with that?
Second question, will i need dealer to flash anything once i install it.

Update: I ordered a new one (color matching) installed it. I did put silicone down first.
Afterward the red light on my mirror went to GREEN, my CAL indicator on DIC showes direction I'm traveling.

ctahoe09

Reaction score
Update: I ordered a new one (color matching) installed it. I did put silicone down first.
Afterward the red light on my mirror went to GREEN, my CAL indicator on DIC showes direction I'm traveling.
Where did you order the antenna from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj87