Another Header Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was looking for a set of longtube headers and off-road Y pipe to install on my 2003 Yukon Denali. I was wanting to go with a set that has the 1 7/8 primaries, and with my searching I found that there was a few companies like calspeed, lpp, and pacesetter. I also saw that there would be fitment issues to work out due to it being awd. Upon further searching I found that calspeed and lpp don't offer them anymore. Pacesetter does but I'd honestly prefer the stainless version for obvious reasons.

On to my question. Is there any companies that make a decent set of longtubes with 1 7/8 primaries and off-road Y pipe? I'd like to find a budget friendly set for possible maybe less than $500. Do you guys know of anything or could point me in the right direction?

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have speed engineering so does ezdaar. Both of us have had no problems with them. You won't need 1 7/8 primaries unless you have some serious boost.

I have a pretty large cam and no problems at all getting the air out.

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just saw those headers from speed engineering. But they are sold out, and they told me it would be closer to the second half of July before that get any more in. I wanted to get the 1 7/8 primaries because I'm building a 408 to put in my Denali and would like to stick a magnacharger on itafter the first of the year. Looks like I may just wait for them. I didn't want to because I've got my truck apart having the transmission rebuilt.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ebay for header wrap, you can get two rolls for the price of one from auto parts stores.
VHT header paint and a commercial heat gun to bake the paint on works very well.

It reduces the temps so much you can put your hand on a primary after a hard freeway run and not get burnt. Now that's not saying its not hot, but you wont get burnt.
I don't recommend doing it, but I have to show friends how well it works.

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may just go ahead pick up some of that wrap. I'm hoping that there isn't to many clearance issues, otherwise I may not be able to wrap them without really having to crush the tubes. Thanks for recommending that. Did you all have any issues with clearance or installing them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayden with 2011 y