American Muscle vs Ricer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i definitely agree that there is a difference between a "ricer" and a tuner. ricers usually have thee crappiest possible rims, cheap, tacky decals, and transformer bodykits that look so, so grotesque, not to mention nothing actually done to their cars to make them any faster, only louder. i had a 77 porsche 911 back in the day, not the fastest car ever by any means, but it was pretty damn quick. i've raced many cars, but the only car to ever completely blow me away was a white twin turbo supra. after we raced, we pulled over and he popped the hood.... lots of work done to it. he even showed me his dyno sheet (he had it dyno'ed and tuned that day) and he was making like 750 hp to the wheels.

anyways, i pissed off a dude in a riced out honda accord this morning on my way to work because he was trying as hard as he possibly could to pass me up and beat me to the bridge toll plaza (why? i have no clue...). but i was hardly trying and he still eventually ended up being a tiny reflection in my rear view mirror

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
I love my ricer, and it will smoke anything here. It can do 82MPH without shifting out of the first of 6 gears, and goes from naught to 60 in less than 5 seconds. It only makes 105HP at the rear wheels, but it has a redline of 16,000RPM, and only weighs 350lbs. I love my 2006 GSXR600. :)

My favorite part about my truck is that I can walk almost any honda out there, even with my ridiculously short gears, and still climb my front wheel up on their hood if they want to get twitchy on me. And I agree that there is a huge difference between ricers and tuners. Tuners work on very well kept hondas, subarus, maseratis, lamborghinis, etc. Ricers work on their mom's rusted out oldsmobile or their friend's falling apart mazda, and will never see under the hood of a car costing more than $5K.

Tuners tune for performance with beauty as a necessity but as an afterthought, and rarely say much. Typically their numbers and performance speak louder than their words.

Ricers tack a coffee can to their exhaust tip, zip a wing into the trunk with self-tappers, change the tail lights out for euro lights they got from the pawn shop, and try to assert their dominance through wanton verbiage, and annoying music. Obviously decibel level is directly proportioned to performance in the ricer's mind, be it exhaust note, bass volume, or cat call.

Typically a ricer can be observed with his "pants on the ground," talking and bullying next to his (almost always) parked car. If you are unfortunate enough to catch one on the road, they are typically seen spinning a (only one) wheel on a patch of wet pavement to show how powerful their unmodified grocery getter is, or standing unnecessarily on the accelerator pedal to emit an exhaust note that sounds almost fantastic from within the confines of the teensy passenger space, but sounds not unlike the bleating of a castrated sheep to everyone within a dozen blocks.

Typically their vehicles are a multitude of unmatched primer colors from the bodywork they paid for buy borrowing against their allowance from their parents, or mowing laws. Rarely after adding bodywork do the ricers have the funds available for a bad paint job.

You may also find the ricer's vehicle damaged on one or both sides, missing mirrors typically from sliding into the conrete retaining wall on the freeway after losing control of the primative machine that was designed to be just powerful enough for a soccer mom, or daily commute. It is truly awe-inspiring how one could lose control of such a tepid machine, but alas, the industrious ricer never allows what can be repaired with more self-tappers and duct tape to stand in the way of the machine they believe is their ticket to sex, money, and a total freedom from responsibility.

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
First off I'd like to say that I hardly ever do this. My Tahoe is a daily driver and I'm a pretty laid back guy on the road. I just can't stand Ricers.

If nothing else I hope that ricer-boy's girlfriend (who was in the passenger seat the entire time) got a little pleasure from the vibration of my thundering Vortec V-8 as I blew by, because if ricer-boy screws anything like he turns wrenches I'm sure she needs all the help she can get.

American Muscle FTW

I've had a couple girls get physically aroused from the way my engine vibrates the truck. And when they tell me... I get physically aroused. :drool:

NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT. :patriot:

biggauges85

Reaction score
beast 99, sucks about that 97 mph speed governor. i constantly forget about that. but then again i have a former DPS (department of public safety) vehicle (similar to CHP in cali). so i don't have that governor!:signs6:

so :flipthebird: to the ricers while i enjoy unlimited vortec power!

kope

Reaction score
oh ricers.... lol they are a midnight snack for my 08 Sierra :sleepy10:

+2 my dad has an 09 sierra 3500, quad cad long box, and to top it off he put a full 4 inch exhuast and new PCM to bypass the particulate filter and extra smog junk, the new setup added like 100hp and 150 torque. anyways a buddy of mine just bought a new Cobalt SS, and wanted to race...it was like he was on a peddle bike.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
I've taken this old thing past 120mph I'm sure. That's with the governor removed. On mud tires ha. Its quite a rush.

biggauges85

Reaction score
black coffee, whats the top speed with no governor? my speedo only goes to 100 but my speedo goes past the 100 mph mark by about .5 to .75 of an inch and keeps accelerating so i have no way of knowing my actual speed. and are they actually able to redline? mine just stops at 6k rpm with no redline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gasimon629