Am I missing something (Overhead DVD install)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
I've searched the threads to no avail. Has anyone successfully replaced the center dome/AC controls for an overhead DVD player and been able to retain control of the rear AC using the front controls? Also is it possible to use the existing dome light wiring to run the DVD player (with built in dome lights)?

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done it at least over a dozen times. I assume your overhead heater controls are separate from everything else? What I do is move it off to one side or the other. Usually I have to lengthen the wires but it isn't tough at all.

I don't like to use the 12v constant at the domelight for power to the DVD. I know the DVD system has virtually no amperage to run but I don't like to do that at all.

OP
OP
blaqout

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
I've done it at least over a dozen times. I assume your overhead heater controls are separate from everything else? What I do is move it off to one side or the other. Usually I have to lengthen the wires but it isn't tough at all.

I don't like to use the 12v constant at the domelight for power to the DVD. I know the DVD system has virtually no amperage to run but I don't like to do that at all.

Thanks man, I was just wondering if I could remove/bypass the rear A/C controls. My kids are too young to use them anyway.

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, If I remember correctly if you unhook them, you can simply unhook them. If you activate rear ac/heat from the front controls the rear should just mirror the fronts

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just unplug them and see. I know for a fact you CANNOT unplug the front and expect to use the rear controls.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts