Aftermarket speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pjtoy2

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
I got a good deal on a 4-channel that matched my sub amp so now I'm just debating on speakers. The 4-channel is a Fosgate T8004 (50x4 @ 4, 100x4 @ 2, 200x4 @ 1) so I'm looking for something with lower impedence. Sub amp is a T2000.1 pushing 2 Soundsplinter RL-Ps.

I'm thinking of getting 4 sets of 100 watt rms 2-ohm components.... looking to spend about $75-$125 per set.. any recommendations on those?

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 sets? 8 speakers?

I think you're looking for 2 sets of comps, one for front, one for rear.

Finding 2ohm comps at your budget that'll take that power is tough. I'd recommend bridging at 4 ohms, and run a single set of comps up front, and do rear fill off of head unit power. I'd recommend Massive Audio CK6Vs, about $170 up front, and just some cheap coaxials for rear fill in the back. Some Boston Acoustic S series or something, efficient and cheap.

04gibbstahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless your going to get the old school MB Quart stuff when it was made in Germany, then I would pass on MB Quart.

OP
OP
pjtoy2

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
4 sets? 8 speakers?

I think you're looking for 2 sets of comps, one for front, one for rear.

Finding 2ohm comps at your budget that'll take that power is tough. I'd recommend bridging at 4 ohms, and run a single set of comps up front, and do rear fill off of head unit power. I'd recommend Massive Audio CK6Vs, about $170 up front, and just some cheap coaxials for rear fill in the back. Some Boston Acoustic S series or something, efficient and cheap.

No, I'm considering 4 sets of 2-ohm components so i can run each channel at 1-ohm. 4 sets of Infinity Kappa Perfects would run around $500. I figured 2 sets of 6.5s (front doors and kick panels) and 2 sets of 5.25s (rear doors and maybe d-pillars).

I know in the back I just need some fill so could even just do reference coaxials or something...

I'll consider the Massive Audios but I always feel iffy when its a brand I havent heard and cant really hear before I buy. I dont know a store around here that carries them

Unless your going to get the old school MB Quart stuff when it was made in Germany, then I would pass on MB Quart.

I was considering MB Quart because the Maxxonics headquarters is about 10 minutes from me and I can get parts at less than online prices.

What do you guys think about Infinity Kappa/Reference set up.. or maybe Alpine Type-Rs in the front and Type-S in the back?.. My last thought was Rockford Fosgate Components/Coaxials... other ideas??

04gibbstahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Alpine type R components sound kick a**! Never heard the type S though. Infinity compnents are ok. I like their tweeters more than anything, but some say they are too harsh.

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 sets? Should be very, very loud when properly amp'd. Where will you mount 4 sets? 3 sets in the front, one in the rear? Don't forget deadening, your doors will buzz like no other if they aren't deadened running that many mid basses.

I hang around on DIYMA quite a bit, and I'll give you the opinions on those speakers you're looking at: (I haven't actually used any of these, just relaying the consensus)

The passive crossovers on the Type-Rs are bad, and make the tweets sound very harsh. If you can go active, and bypass the passive crossover, they'll sound pretty good.

The Type-S are decent, but better can be had for the price.

Some of the Rockfords allow bi-amping, a nice feature for attenuating tweets, but the tweets are harsh.

The Inifinities have very harsh tweets. (I've heard them and would agree)

In my car, I would go with one set of components up front, and no rear fill (that's what I'm doing right now). That's just how I like my sound. Some pro audio drivers and an active setup might be what you're looking for. High SPL and decently cheap in comparison.

OP
OP
pjtoy2

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
A set of components in each front door, components in the kick panels, coaxials in the rear doors and coaxials in the d-pillar.

I'm also not just looking for SPL but want to keep sound quality as well.

The reason why I just dont want one set of components is because I constantly have people sitting in all three rows of the truck and dont want sound only coming from the front.

Also, in past experiences Ive heard multiple speaker set ups sound clearer than just single set ups because each speaker was played at a lower volume but a higher collective volume so it sounds less harsh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpark1975