Aftermarket Speakers to replace Bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My parents own an 04 Suburban with Bose and are wanting to upgrade their door speakers. Has anyone here changed out their door speakers without bypassing the Bose amp? How does it sound? Should they purchase 4 ohm speakers or 2 ohm to match the Bose amp better? Thanks for any help.

I should add that they will be replacing the stock radio as well with an aftermarket Pioneer.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell them to first swap out the radio, and then see how it sounds. Most of the time, that's enough for just regular people and regular stereos.

If you change out the speakers, you will lose the mid/low bass that the Bose system gives you.

OP
OP
RynoHarris

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell them to first swap out the radio, and then see how it sounds. Most of the time, that's enough for just regular people and regular stereos.

If you change out the speakers, you will lose the mid/low bass that the Bose system gives you.
They are definitely looking for better quality and a bit louder. I'm trying to talk them into just getting a 5 channel amp, some good speakers and a sub. Just eliminate any issues the Bose amp could cause. I've read quite a bit about them causing some interference after installing aftermarket equipment with it.

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
They are definitely looking for better quality and a bit louder. I'm trying to talk them into just getting a 5 channel amp, some good speakers and a sub. Just eliminate any issues the Bose amp could cause. I've read quite a bit about them causing some interference after installing aftermarket equipment with it.

Definitely changes the head unit first. Even that I went and changed everything, I changed the head unit first cause I had it and it really was a big difference. Def try it first. Amy questions. I went bigger for the c pillar speakers and center console. Share what I did if you have questions

levilarsen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did 2 ohm just for the resistance being lower I did 350 watt speakers to make sure to handle whatever just closed off the plug on the wire stopped it soldered the new connector on and put them in the back fired are smaller then the front but if you go with pioneer ts-a speakers I was able to go with the 6.5 in the back to match the front set.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645