Aftermarket grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone installed a grille yet? I'm contemplating the Trex Mesh sport grille inserts in black, but can't stand the emblem on them...anyone know if it comes off?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.43.30 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 12.43.30 AM.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 24

BrandonATX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone installed a grille yet? I'm contemplating the Trex Mesh sport grille inserts in black, but can't stand the emblem on them...anyone know if it comes off?

This is from Xalen in a different post:

Looking at the black billet grille for the Yukon... I'm looking for a clean look and didn't want the logo. So, I sent TREX an email to ask how removable the logo would be.

Specifically TREX part# 51169 & 20169B

Their reply:

The logo actually does not come with the grille as it is just for the
picture. If you wish to purchase the grille:

Since T-Rex is a manufacturer, we do not offer consumer pricing. Instead, we
ask that you contact one of our authorized dealers for pricing and
availability. Below are a couple of numbers that you can try for all you
purchasing needs:

(Please note that the list below is not in any particular order)

Unique Auto Depot - 888-544-7455

CarID - 888-225-6893

4 Wheel Parts - 877-474-4821

American Truck & Auto - 800-326-1107

Auto Anything - 800-874-8888

For a Canadian distributor, please follow the link

http://trexbillet.com/images/ctp-landingpage.jpg

Thank you!

MARCO GUTIERREZ | CUSTOMER SERVICE
B- 1-800-287-5900
F- 1-951-270-5391
H- 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM

VISIT US AT WWW.TREXBILLET.COM

I'm still mulling over what exactly I want to do with my grille. The factory Denali grille it came with is a bit too shiny for my liking though.

OP
OP
B

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you. At first I was okay with the LT grille but I keep walking out to the truck and it just looks cheap. I don't want anything flashy. Putco actually makes a nice one for cheap but it's chrome. I guess I could PC it.

OP
OP
B

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my trex grille on today. 1) what a miserable pain in the ass 2) it's not a perfect fit, it's about 1/4" too short on each end 3) you can plainly see the factory grille when standing back looking at it. That being said I'll probably leave it but it's definitely not worth the coin. Perhaps their other lines are better or due to their design are less noticeable. Damn that's two mods in a row that didn't go well...time to slow down lol

Last edited:

josh19866914

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure on the tahoe. But i do know on the yukons. Good luck with installation. If u dont feel like payin trex price grill u can try gen x trim brand.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my trex grille on today. 1) what a miserable pain in the ass 2) it's not a perfect fit, it's about 1/4" too short on each end 3) you can plainly see the factory grille when standing back looking at it. That being said I'll probably leave it but it's definitely not worth the coin. Perhaps their other lines for better or due to their design it's not noticeable. Damn that two mods in a row that didn't go well...time to slow down lol

Nothing fits better than OEM! I've seen a lot of the aftermarket grills floating around the internet for our Tahoes, but I still haven't found anything that looks nearly as good as the OEM LTZ grill. Honestly, you could have probably retrofitted some mesh to the stock LT grill to make it look like the Trex grill.

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing fits better than OEM! I've seen a lot of the aftermarket grills floating around the internet for our Tahoes, but I still haven't found anything that looks nearly as good as the OEM LTZ grill. Honestly, you could have probably retrofitted some mesh to the stock LT grill to make it look like the Trex grill.

Agreed. I'm kicking around the idea of color matching the LTZ grille on ours. But I really like the chrome

OP
OP
B

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kicked the idea aroind. Trying to limit chrome on this rig but not removing any. Oh well. I'll play around with it some more. Forgot to get pics today.

OP
OP
B

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Josh1986...have you seen the Gen X grille out for the 2015's? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattj85